inside the HUFS campus
Play Video

Bachelor’s Degree in Seoul, South Korea

Complete an International Bachelor’s Degree in Korea at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies

Complete a Bachelor’s degree in Korea at a top-class private university and kickstart your international career!

Live in the flagship city of the Asian Tigers and enjoy the excellent standards of Korean higher education. Build your international network and become a global citizen of the world at the no. 1 international university in Korea.

Program Overview


Spring (Mar – June)
Autumn (Sep – Dec)

Program Duration

4 years

Program Content

Lectures, assignments and various other teaching methods depending on courses

Levels of Study



22700 EUR (full degree)
On average 3200 EUR per semester

Study Fields

International relations, international economics, international law and development, culture, humanities, languages



SPRING 2021*

AUTUMN 2021*

*) dates still tentative

Program Highlights

Studying in Hankuk University Bachelor’s Degree Program

The goal of the 4-year Bachelor’s degree program is to give you the necessary language skills and professional know-how to work in demanding and competitive international environments. You also have the chance to choose among different specializations depending on your interests and career goals. All the while you have the chance to immerse yourself in Korean culture and build your international network.

The Bachelor’s degree program in Korea is for you if…

  • You have an upper secondary degree
  • You have a good command of English
  • You’re interested in pursuing an international career
  • You’re interested in East Asia and Korea

Studies in the full degree program

As a student in the Bachelor’s degree program you’ll study at the Division of International Studies, located on the Seoul Campus in downtown Seoul.

The program gives you the chance to further specialize and deepen your knowledge based on your interests and skills.

You can complete a Full Degree in one of the following tracks: International Relations Track, International Economics Track, International Law and Development Track, Culture & Humanities and Language Track.

The program is taught completely in English.

Find out more on the International Division home page

Payment procedure

Service fee paid to Asia Exchange: 100 EUR

Fees paid to HUFS: Application fee 115 EUR amount + Matriculation fee 260 EUR + tuition fee 3200 EUR on average. Please note tuition fees vary depending on the degree you choose to partake in. View the latest prices here.

By applying through Asia Exchange, you are guaranteed to receive an Asia Exchange Ambassador scholarship worth 300 EUR for the first semester at HUFS. All we require is a blog or video post collaboration during your first semester abroad through us! This scholarship guarantees that you will always pay less for the first semester tuition fee.

In addition to the Asia Exchange scholarship, other various scholarships are available for all nationalities. Read more about scholarships.

All international students residing outside Korea will need to apply for a student visa at the embassy or consulate of the Republic of Korea. You must apply for the visa in person at the Korean embassy in your home country.

You should have at least US$ 20,000 available in either your or your parents’ bank account at the time you apply for the of D-2 visa. If your sponsor is not your parent or spouse, you many need additional documents.

Please find out more about the full visa application procedure here.

  • A minimum age of 18 years
  • You should have sufficient English skills (at least B2 level). You will need to submit written proof of your English skills together with your application (see required attachments below).
  • Both biological parents and/or current legal guardians must not have Korean nationality.

See the additional requirements.

  • Official High School Transcript (Apostille or Consular Confirmation needed)
  • Official High School Graduation Certificate (Apostille or Consular Confirmation needed)
  • Personal statement and a study plan limited to one A4 page in English (why you want to study at HUFS, what are you planning on studying, how will your studies at HUFS help you in the future etc.)
  • A copy of the identification page of your passport (please note that your passport must be valid for at least six months after your trip starts)
  • A passport style color photo. The background should be white. The picture should preferably be in JPEG-format.
  • Official language certificate such as TOEFL, IELTS, DAAD or similar.
  • Copies of Both Parents’ Passports (or official documents indicating parents’ nationality)
  • Official document indicating parent-child relationship between applicant and his/her parents in English

 Apply to study abroad at Hankuk University Bachelor’s Degree Program


Get the required documents (see list below)


Fill out and submit the online application formtogether with the required documents

accepted within one day

You’ll get a confirmation of your study placement within one week, at best as quickly as in one day. 

  • Flexible application: You can apply even if you’re not yet certain of your plans. Cancel at no extra cost up to 1 month before the semester starts.
  • When you apply for two semesters: 100 EUR discount on the second semester
  • Get access to comprehensive information materials such as an Asia Exchange Guide and an interactive orientation webinar after you apply


  • Please upload the attachments in PDF format.
  • If possible, please submit all the attachments together with the application. If you’re missing some attachment(s) when you first apply, you can send the missing document(s) later. However, please note that we won’t process applications without any attachments whatsoever.
  • All attachments must be sent to us within 30 days of submitting the application or by the application deadline at the very latest.
  • You can submit all the documents electronically. Please don’t send anything via regular mail.
  • There is a late application fee for applications or attachments submitted after the application deadline.
  • Note that you will also have to submit an application through HUFS’ own application portal at in addition to submitting the application to Asia Exchange. The portal will be open on application periods for Early and Regular Decision.

Confirmation, official acceptance letter and visa

You’ll get an initial confirmation of your study placement in 1-7 days, starting from the day your application is complete with all the required documents and the application fee is paid. Please note that the university has the final authority regarding student admissions.

You will receive the final confirmation of your study placement 2 months after the application deadline at the latest.

The official certificate of admission will be sent to you 1 month before the semester starts at the latest. We’ll send it to the street address you have provided in your application. Please let us know if this address changes at any point.

You need the official certificate of admission to apply for a student visa.


The application fee for the full degree at HUFS is paid directly to the university. Asia Exchange will invoice a service fee of 100 EUR.


If you’re unable to participate in the program, you have the right to cancel your participation for no extra cost until you pay the tuition fee (Tuition fee can be refunded if the host university declines your application for some reason, the application fee however, will not be refunded). Let us know about your cancellation by writing us an email at info[at] Cancellations notified via phone, SMS or by any other means will not be considered. For more detailed information on our cancellation policy, please see terms and conditions for cancellation.

We also reserve the right to cancel your participation if any of your fees becomes overdue. For more information, please see our terms and conditions.

Travel insurance

You are required to have a valid accident and health insurance either from your home country or an insurance recommended by HUFS for the whole duration of the program. The university may request a copy of the insurance certificate at the beginning of the semester. See our recommended travel insurance providers.

people walking around hankuk university

The university provides on-campus accommodation at the Global Campus. The rooms at the dormitory area double rooms with air-conditioning and free internet access. Find out more about the accommodation options and prices in the Seoul and Global campuses.

Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) is known for its high-quality curriculum in international studies, globalization and as many as 40+ foreign languages. It has been rated as the 1. international university in Korea and has the highest ratio of international students in the country. Many diplomats have graduated from the university.

University’s contact information

Office of International Student Services
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
107 Imun-ro, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul
South Korea, 130-791

University’s website

University’s contact person

Ms. Yoonmee Lee

University Accreditation

  • The Korean Council for University Education
  • The Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology of the Republic of Korea
  • International Association of Universities (IAU)
  • University Institutional Accreditation
  • Member of The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
  • HUFS ranked first in Korea (7th in Asia) among universities with no medical school *
  • Ratio of exchange students from foreign countries – 1st in Korea *
  • Proportion of lectures taught in English: 30% – 1st in Korea ¤
  • Proportion of foreign faculty [full-time lecturer and higher level] – 2nd in Korea ¤

*2013 Chosun Ilbo.QS Asian University Rankings
¤2012 Joongang Daily University Ranking Evaluation

Most frequent questions and answers

Q: How do I select my courses? 
A: Course registration dates will be sent to you by email. Course registration happens through HUFS’ own portal.

Q: What study level are the courses at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies? 
A: Bachelor -and Master-level courses. Bachelor-level courses are more widely available.

Q: When do the exams take place? 
A: Exams will be organized during the last few weeks of the semester. All courses and exams will be finished by the announced semester ending date.

Q: What type of visa do I need to have in order to study in South Korea? 
A: You will need a D2 student visa in order to study in South Korea. For Summer School students a visa may not be needed due to the length of the program. Please contact your local embassy for more details.

Q: When can I apply for my visa? 
A: You can start your visa application process after receiving the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter will be sent to you at the latest one month before the start of the semesterRead our general visa instructions here.

Q: Is there on-campus accommodation available at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies? 
A: Yes. In addition to the on-campus dormitories, students can also stay in off-campus dormitories that are located just a minute’s walk away from campus. You can read more about the dormitories and room options here.

Q: When do I know if I will receive a dormitory room? 
A: Hankuk University of Foreign Studies will inform students on their dormitory assignments before the semester starts

Q: When can I move into the dormitory, and how long I can stay there? 
A: Check-in and check-out dates will be confirmed separately for each semester. Normally, you can check in 2 days before the start of the semester, and students can stay in the dorm for the duration of the semester. The dormitory payment is paid directly to HUFS.

Q: Do I need to take into account any healthcare related matters? 
A: In addition to the basic vaccinations (MMR and diphtheria-tetanus), travelers are most often advised to get vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B. Vaccinations always depend partly on the individual, so remember to consult your physician.

All new dorm residents are required to take a medical examination at the HUFS Health Care Center or submit proof of an authorized health examination report at the time of exchange program application in accordance with the requirements of the Korean Immigration Service and HUFS dormitory regulation. Tuberculosis (TB) is the only test on the health examination form which is mandatory for all students (skin test or chest X-ray).

Q: Do I need insurance? 
A: All students are required to have valid travel insurance for the duration of the semester. See our recommended travel insurance providers here.

Q: What kind of costs should I be prepared for? 
A: In addition to tuition fees, you should be prepared to pay for the student visaflightsaccommodation and other living costs. The costs of living in Shanghai are slightly lower than in many Western cities, but the real costs will depend on your individual lifestyle.

Q: I need to have my learning agreement/certificate of enrollment signed. What should I do? 
A: Please fill out the document and send it to

Q: When will I receive my Official Acceptance Letter? 
The official letter of acceptance will be delivered to you 1.5 months before the semester starts at the latest. We’ll send it to the street address you have provided in your application. Please let us know if this address changes at any point.

Q: When will I receive my Transcript of Records? 
A: The university prepares and sends the transcripts of records usually within 2-3 months after the end of the semester.

Q: Do I need to know any Korean beforehand? 
A: It is not mandatory to know any korean beforehand. However, knowing only a few basic words and phrases in advance will already help you a lot! HUFS also offers Korean language courses at different levels through their Korean Language Center.


Read More
“Hey guys! The time in Korea was incredible! Both the educational and the personal experiences will make me never forget this beautiful country. I would be happy to help you experience the same wonderful exchange. Please don’t hesitate to ask any kind of questions.” Read more in Niklas' Blog!