Bachelor’s Degree in Seoul, South Korea
Complete an International Bachelor’s Degree in Korea at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
Complete a Bachelor’s degree in Korea at a top-class private university and kickstart your international career!
Live in the flagship city of the Asian Tigers and enjoy the excellent standards of Korean higher education. Build your international network and become a global citizen of the world at the no. 1 international university in Korea.
*) dates still tentative
Studying in Hankuk University Bachelor’s Degree Program
The goal of the 4-year Bachelor’s degree program is to give you the necessary language skills and professional know-how to work in demanding and competitive international environments. You also have the chance to choose among different specializations depending on your interests and career goals. All the while you have the chance to immerse yourself in Korean culture and build your international network.
The Bachelor’s degree program in Korea is for you if…
- You have an upper secondary degree
- You have a good command of English
- You’re interested in pursuing an international career
- You’re interested in East Asia and Korea
Studies in the full degree program
As a student in the Bachelor’s degree program you’ll study at the Division of International Studies, located on the Seoul Campus in downtown Seoul.
The program gives you the chance to further specialize and deepen your knowledge based on your interests and skills.
You can complete a Full Degree in one of the following tracks: English Linguistics and Language Technology, English for International Conferences and Communication, International Economics and Law, International Studies.
The program is taught completely in English.
First semester tuition fee: 2500 EUR (2880 USD)
Application fee: 190 EUR (247 USD)
The tuition fee per semester at HUFS is 2850 EUR or 3250 USD per semester. The first semester is paid to Asia Exchange and the remaining semesters are then paid directly to the university before each semester.
By applying through Asia Exchange you will always pay less for the first semesters tuition fee when you are accepted to the program. First semester tuition fee without Asia Exchange is 3380 EUR/3850 USD.
There are also various scholarships available for all nationalities. Read more about scholarships.
All international students residing outside Korea will need to apply for a student visa at the embassy or consulate of the Republic of Korea. You must apply for the visa in person at the Korean embassy in your home country.
You should have at least US$ 20,000 available in either your or your parents’ bank account at the time you apply for the of D-2 visa. If your sponsor is not your parent or spouse, you many need additional documents.
Please find out more about the full visa application procedure here.
- A minimum age of 18 years
- You should have sufficient English skills (at least B2 level). You will need to submit written proof of your English skills together with your application (see required attachments below).
- Both biological parents and/or current legal guardians must not have Korean nationality.
See the additional requirements.
- Official High School Transcript (Apostille or Consular Confirmation needed)
- Official High School Graduation Certificate (Apostille or Consular Confirmation needed)
- Personal statement and a study plan limited to one A4 page in English (why you want to study at HUFS, what are you planning on studying, how will your studies at HUFS help you in the future etc.)
- A copy of the identification page of your passport (please note that your passport must be valid for at least six months after your trip starts)
- A passport style color photo. The background should be white. The picture should preferably be in JPEG-format.
- Official language certificate such as TOEFL, IELTS, DAAD or similar.
- Copies of Both Parents’ Passports (or official documents indicating parents’ nationality)
- Official document indicating parent-child relationship between applicant and his/her parents in English
Apply to study abroad at Hankuk University Bachelor’s Degree Program
Fill out and submit the online application formtogether with the required documents
- Flexible application: You can apply even if you’re not yet certain of your plans. Cancel at no extra cost up to 1 month before the semester starts.
- When you apply for two semesters: 100 EUR discount on the second semester
- Get access to comprehensive information materials such as an Asia Exchange Guide and an interactive orientation webinar after you apply
- Please upload the attachments in PDF format.
- If possible, please submit all the attachments together with the application. If you’re missing some attachment(s) when you first apply, you can send the missing document(s) later. However, please note that we won’t process applications without any attachments whatsoever.
- All attachments must be sent to us within 30 days of submitting the application or by the application deadline at the very latest.
- You can submit all the documents electronically. Please don’t send anything via regular mail.
- There is a late application fee for applications or attachments submitted after the application deadline.
- Note that you will also have to submit an application through HUFS’ own application portal at http://www.uwayapply.com/ in addition to submitting the application to Asia Exchange. The portal will be open on application periods for Early and Regular Decision.
Confirmation, official acceptance letter and visa
You’ll get an initial confirmation of your study placement in 1-7 days, starting from the day your application is complete with all the required documents and the application fee is paid. Please note that the university has the final authority regarding student admissions.
You will receive the final confirmation of your study placement 2 months after the application deadline at the latest.
The official certificate of admission will be sent to you 1 month before the semester starts at the latest. We’ll send it to the street address you have provided in your application. Please let us know if this address changes at any point.
You need the official certificate of admission to apply for a student visa.
The application fee invoice will be sent to you soon after the initial acceptance letter. This fee will be due within 10 days of receiving your confirmation. The application fee is non-refundable even if you decide to cancel (see below). You’ll receive the invoice for the tuition fee about 2.5 months before the semester starts.
If you’re unable to participate in the program, you have the right to cancel your participation for no extra cost until you pay the tuition fee (Tuition fee can be refunded if the host university declines your application for some reason, the application fee however, will not be refunded). Let us know about your cancellation by writing us an email at info[at]asiaexchange.org. Cancellations notified via phone, SMS or by any other means will not be considered. For more detailed information on our cancellation policy, please see terms and conditions for cancellation.
We also reserve the right to cancel your participation if any of your fees becomes overdue. For more information, please see our terms and conditions.
You are required to have a valid accident and health insurance either from your home country or an insurance recommended by HUFS for the whole duration of the program. The university may request a copy of the insurance certificate at the beginning of the semester. See our recommended travel insurance providers.
The university provides on-campus accommodation at the Global Campus. The rooms at the dormitory area double rooms with air-conditioning and free internet access. Find out more about the accommodation options and prices in Global campus.
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) is known for its high-quality curriculum in international studies, globalization and as many as 40+ foreign languages. It has been rated as the 1. international university in Korea and has the highest ratio of international students in the country. Many diplomats have graduated from the university.
University’s contact information
Office of International Student Services
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
107 Imun-ro, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul
South Korea, 130-791
University’s contact person
Ms. Yoonmee Lee
- The Korean Council for University Education
- The Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology of the Republic of Korea
- International Association of Universities (IAU)
- University Institutional Accreditation
- Member of The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- HUFS ranked first in Korea (7th in Asia) among universities with no medical school *
- Ratio of exchange students from foreign countries – 1st in Korea *
- Proportion of lectures taught in English: 30% – 1st in Korea ¤
- Proportion of foreign faculty [full-time lecturer and higher level] – 2nd in Korea ¤
*2013 Chosun Ilbo.QS Asian University Rankings
¤2012 Joongang Daily University Ranking Evaluation