Study in the Philippines
Study in the Philippines and enjoy a tropical climate, breathtaking tourist spots, friendly locals, and more!
With a culture heavily influenced by Chinese, Spanish, and American cultures, the Philippines is an exciting travel and study destination with something to offer for everyone. Additionally, it has more than 7,000+ islands where different natural wonders await exploring. From lush jungles to the best beaches, the country should be top of your list to visit in Asia today!
We have collected valuable information to assist your study goals in the Philippines. We also included answers to frequently asked questions about studying in one of Asia’s most beautiful destinations!
Quick Facts about the Philippines
Currency: Philippine Peso
Official Languages: Filipino and English
Popular programs to study in the Philippines:
- English language
- Computer and IT
Why study in the Philippines
English is among the national languages
Besides Filipino, English is widely used in the nation and is the language of instruction in all learning institutions. This privilege makes it easy to communicate with the locals if you study in the Philippines.
It has a US-based college system
The Philippines was under the American Government for 48 years. Aside from making English an official language, the education system was reformed, instilling three levels, introducing fresh subject areas, and more. With those changes still present today, you can expect top-notch education when you study in the Philippines.
The cost of living is generally affordable
Anticipate affordable tuition fees and reasonably-priced monthly expenses when you study in the Philippines. Living costs are lower when you enroll outside cities, such as Boracay and Cebu.
School breaks are more fun in the Philippines!
The nation’s warm climate makes exploring the island fun and more memorable. It boasts the 5th most extensive coastlines globally, offering thousands of white sand beaches to visit! There are also other breathtaking natural wonders to see, such as mountains, lakes, wild forests, etc., when you study in the Philippines.
Application Process to study in the Philippines
- High school diploma, preferably in English
- Transcript of records
- English language proficiency test
- A copy of the identification page of your valid passport
- Two or three recommendation letters
- Proof of funding or grant
- Testing scores
- Writing scores or portfolio
- Research and choose among the universities in the country that offer your preferred program. Consider its location, accreditations, and requirements for international enrollees.
- After choosing the educational program, prepare your requirements. Make sure they are all valid and translated into English.
- Check if the university accepts online or paper submission applications. Also, ensure that you send it all before the deadline.
- You will receive an acceptance letter from the university to confirm admission.
- Contact the Philippine consulate in your country and apply for a student visa. Submit your requirements, such as a letter of acceptance, passport, and proof of financial capacity.
- Arrive in the country and register for your classes to study in the Philippines! Enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime adventure and start making memories!
Quick Facts about Philippines
Do you have questions about studying abroad?
Student visa for international students
To study in the Philippines, apply for a student visa and pay the 250 USD application fee.
The processing time takes five to 10 days. If you wish to extend your stay, apply for an extension two months before the expiration of your student visa. For more information, click HERE.
Popular places to study in the Philippines
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe for international students to live in the Philippines?
Yes, but like other countries, be alert for scams, especially in tourist areas. Knowing emergency numbers is essential when you study in the Philippines for quick assistance.
Buses, jeepneys (traditional and electric), and trains are available in cities. If you plan to study in the Philippines, specifically in provinces, jeepneys, tricycles, and motorcycles can take you anywhere.
As the capital, Manila has some of the best universities, holding significant positions worldwide. The city also offers convenience, as malls, hospitals, and other necessities are accessible.
Cebu’s vibrant atmosphere attracts tourists and students to experience the region and embrace its energy. Those planning to study in the Philippines, specifically in Cebu, will enjoy its world-renowned cuisine, remarkable hospitality, and more!
Hailed multiple times as one of the best beaches globally, Boracay is more than just a festive area where different nationalities come to relax. It is also emerging as one of the best places to study in the Philippines due to the growing number of learning institutions.