Korea summer school program

Korean summer school program,  an engaging academic summer at the no. 1 international university in Korea, located in the dynamic capital city of Seoul! Dive into the Korean language and culture and earn up to 10 ECTS in the span of one month. It’s easy to apply, and your study placement can be confirmed even in one day.


Time & duration

July – August (4 weeks)

Max. Credits

10 ECTS /
6 US credits

Program Content

field trip

Levels of Study

Bachelor and Gap year


tuition fee/ semester+ application fee

Study Fields

Anthropology & cultural studies, Asian studies, international business


Hankuk University

Rank #8 best university in Korea


In QS world
university ranking
for modern


In Asia

#1 in internationalization ranking in Korea






You may apply for semesters in the upcoming years already.


  • Dive into Korean language, culture and society over just 4 weeks

  • Improve your English and intercultural communication skills

  • Meet with people from all over the world and build your international network

  • Explore the “24-hour city” Seoul, also rated one of the top 10 student cities in the world


Korean summer school program, International Summer Session, you get to deepen your understanding of Korean and East Asian societies and the sources of their current trends. You’ll study side by side with both international students from many different countries as well as local students.

Who is this Korea summer school program for?

  • You’re a university student or similar*
  • You want to study abroad but don’t have time for a full semester
  • You’re interested in Korea and East Asia
  • You want to get to know people from all over the world at the most international university in Korea
  • You want to improve your English and intercultural communication skills

member of aacsb

Explore virtually – interactive destination tour


Q: How do I select my courses?
A: Course registration dates will be sent to you by email. Course registration happens through HUFS’ own portal.

Q: What study level are the courses at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies?
A: Bachelor -and Master-level courses. Bachelor-level courses are more widely available.

Q: When do the exams take place?
A: Exams will be organized during the last few weeks of the semester. All courses and exams will be finished by the announced semester ending date.

Q: What type of visa do I need to have to study in South Korea?
A: Students from visa-free countries should apply for K-ETA. You may check your eligibility here. For students not eligible for K-ETA, you will be applying for the D-2-8 visa. Supporting documents will be provided by HUFS upon the issuance of the official acceptance letter

Q: When can I apply for my visa?
A: You can start your visa application process after receiving the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter will be sent to you at the latest one month before the start of the semesterRead our general visa instructions here.

Q: Is there on-campus accommodation available at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies?
A: Yes. In addition to the on-campus dormitories, students can also stay in off-campus dormitories located just a minute’s walk away from campus. You can read more about the dormitories and room options here.

Q: When do I know if I will receive a dormitory room?
A: Hankuk University of Foreign Studies will inform students of their dormitory assignments before the semester starts

Q: When can I move into the dormitory, and how long can I stay there?
A: Check-in and check-out dates will be confirmed separately for each semester. Normally, you can check in 2 days before the start of the semester, and students can stay in the dorm for the duration of the semester. The dormitory payment is paid directly to HUFS.

Q: Do I need to take into account any healthcare-related matters?
A: In addition to the basic vaccinations (MMR and diphtheria-tetanus), travelers are most often advised to get vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B. Vaccinations always depend partly on the individual, so remember to consult your physician.

All new dorm residents are required to take a medical examination at the HUFS Health Care Center or submit proof of an authorized health examination report at the time of exchange program application following the Korean Immigration Service and HUFS dormitory regulation requirements. Tuberculosis (TB) is the only test on the health examination form mandatory for all students (skin test or chest X-ray).

Q: Do I need to have travel insurance?
A: You are required to have a valid accident and health insurance for the whole duration of the study abroad program. The university may request a copy of the insurance certificate at the beginning of the semester. Additional information and recommended insurance packages.

Q: What kind of costs should I be prepared for?
A: In addition to tuition fees, you should be prepared to pay for the student visaflightsaccommodation and other living costs. The costs of living in Korea are slightly lower than in many Western cities, but the real costs will depend on your individual lifestyle.

Q: I need to have my learning agreement/certificate of enrollment signed. What should I do?
A: Please fill out the document and send it to

Q: When will I receive my Official Acceptance Letter?
The official letter of acceptance will be delivered to you 1.5 months before the semester starts at the latest. We’ll send it to the street address you have provided in your application. Please let us know if this address changes at any point.

Q: When will I receive my Transcript of Records?
A: The university prepares and sends the transcripts of records, usually within 2-3 months after the end of the semester.

Q: Do I need to know any Korean beforehand?
A: It is not mandatory to know any Korean beforehand. However, knowing only a few basic words and phrases in advance will already help you a lot! HUFS also offers Korean language courses at different levels through their Korean Language Center.

Not the destination you were looking for?

Ask former students