Study Abroad at Hanyang University for 1 or 2 Semesters!

Study at Hanyang University ERICA Campus, located in the Seoul Capital Area in Ansan. The university is currently ranked in the top 150 universities in the QS University rankings. In addition to the diverse selection and high-level engineering courses, students can study economics, business administration, and Pharmacy. Apply today and get accepted as quickly as in a day!



Spring (Mar – June)
Autumn (Aug – Dec)


30 ECTS /
18 US credits


Lectures, assignments and various other teaching methods depending on courses


Bachelor and Master


tuition fee / semester+ application fee


Business, economics, engineering, public relations, physics and much more


Hanyang University

Ranked #1 best Employer-School Partnership Index in Korea


In QS world


alumni who are
CEO's of Korean

#2 best student city worldwide by QS ranking



SPRING 2025*

AUTUMN 2025*

SPRING 2026*

You may apply for semesters in the upcoming years already.

*) Small changes possible


  • Study at one of the best engineering schools in the world

  • Choose among courses from dozens of different fields, including business administration, economics and engineering

  • Experience the shores of the Yellow Sea in a convenient location just 30-40 minutes from central Seoul

  • Take in the international atmosphere on campus, meet with people from all over the world and improve your English skills


Hanyang University is known for its high-quality education and research in engineering, business and other fields at the Undergraduate and Graduate levels. Hanyang University is ranked 156th in QS World Rankings in 2022. Apply to study abroad for one or two semesters at the ERICA Campus and choose among many courses from several different fields. South Korea’s first engineering institute, which became Hanyang University’s founding facility, has become renowned around the world and the engineering courses offered by Hanyang University are highly regarded.

Studying abroad at Hanyang University is for you if…

  • You’re a university student or similar
  • You’re aiming for an international career
  • You want to study at the ERICA campus, a top research and education cluster recognized as the most active industry cooperation school.
  • You want to improve your English and intercultural communication skills
  • You want to experience the rich Korean culture

member of aacsb

Explore virtually – interactive destination tour


Q: How do I select my courses? 
A: Course registration dates will be sent to you by email. Course registration happens through Hanyang University’s own portal.

Q: What study level are the courses at Hanyang University?
A: Both Bachelor -and Master-level courses are available.

Q: When do the exams take place?
A: Exams will be organized during the last few weeks of the semester. All courses and exams will be finished by the announced semester ending date.

Q: What type of visa do I need to have to study in South Korea?
A: You will need a D2 student visa to study in South Korea for one or two semesters.

Q: When can I apply for my visa?
A: You can start your visa application process after receiving the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter will be sent to you at the latest one month before the start of the semesterRead our general visa instructions here.

Q: Is there on-campus accommodation available at Hanyang University?
A: Yes. To apply to the campus dormitories, you must choose “Yes” when applying to Hanyang University through their own portal. You will later need to fill in a separate application for the dormitory on the university’s website. Please see here for more information about Hanyang University accommodation.

Q: When can I move into the dormitory, and how long can I stay there?
A: Check-in and check-out dates will be confirmed separately for each semester. Normally, you can check in 4 days before the start of the semester, and students can stay in the dorm for the duration of the semester. The dormitory payment is paid directly to Hanyang University.

The university provides on-campus accommodation at the ERICA Campus. The rooms at the dormitory are double rooms and are equipped with air conditioning, a bathroom, 2 single beds and other basic equipment. Students must apply to stay in on-campus dormitories through Hanyang University’s own portal here. As a pre-requisite to applying for the on-campus dormitories, students must have marked “YES” on the housing part of the Hanyang application form.

Q: Do I need to take into account any healthcare-related matters?
A: In addition to the basic vaccinations (MMR and diphtheria-tetanus), travelers are most often advised to get vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B. Vaccinations always depend partly on the individual, so remember to consult your physician.

Q: Do I need insurance?
A: All students are required to have valid travel insurance for the duration of the semester. See our recommended travel insurance providers here.

A: NHIS (National Health Insurance)

We were notified that all incoming exchange students staying in Korea need to acquire National Health Insurance when in Korea due to altered government policies. As this is normally an expensive option, Hanyang University recommends you to check whether your insurance provider in your home country has insurance plans equivalent to the National Health Insurance in Korea in order to substitute the NHI for insurance from your home country.

Please see here for further information from Hanyang University about National Health Insurance.

Q: What kind of costs should I be prepared for?
A: In addition to tuition fees, you should be prepared to pay for the student visaflightsaccommodation and other living costs.

The cost of living in Seoul is comparable to most European countries. However, like everywhere, the cost of living highly depends on your anticipated lifestyle. Usually, our students consider Seoul as well affordable.

Luckily there are many options to help lower your costs while living in South Korea – goshiwons and public transport are great examples.

Q: I need to have my learning agreement/certificate of enrollment signed. What should I do?
A: Please fill out the document and send it to info@asiaexchange.org.

Q: When will I receive my Official Acceptance Letter?
The official letter of acceptance will be delivered to you 1.5 months before the semester starts at the latest. We’ll send it to the street address you have provided in your application. Please let us know if this address changes at any point.

Q: When will I receive my Transcript of Records?
A: The university prepares and sends the transcripts of records, usually within 2-3 months after the end of the semester.

Q: Do I need to know any Korean beforehand?
A: It is not mandatory to know any Korean beforehand. However, knowing only a few basic words and phrases in advance will already help you a lot!

Not the destination you were looking for?

Ask former students