Study Abroad at Hanyang University for 1 or 2 Semesters
Study at Hanyang University ERICA Campus, located in the Seoul Capital Area. The university is currently ranked in the top 150 universities in the QS University rankings. In addition to the diverse selection and high-level engineering courses, students can study for example Economics, Business Administration and Pharmacy. Apply today and get accepted as quickly as in a day!
*) Please note that if applying after the first deadline, on-campus dormitory placement cannot be guaranteed!
- Study at one of the best engineering schools in the world
- Choose among courses from dozens of different fields, including business administration, economics and engineering
- Experience the shores of the Yellow Sea in a convenient location just 30-40 minutes from central Seoul
- Take in the international atmosphere on campus, meet with people from all over the world and improve your English skills
STUDYING IN HANYANG UNIVERSITY
Hanyang University is known for its high-quality education and research in engineering, business and other fields both in the Undergraduate and Graduate level. Hanyang University is ranked 146th in QS World Rankings in 2020. Apply to study abroad for one or two semesters at the ERICA Campus and choose among a large number of courses from several different fields. South Korea’s first engineering institute, which became Hanyang University’s founding facility has become renown around the world and the engineering courses offered by Hanyang University are highly regarded.
Studying abroad at Hanyang University is for you if…
- You’re a university student or similar
- You’re aiming for an international career
- You want to study at the ERICA campus, a top research and education cluster which has been recognized as the most active industry cooperation school.
- You want to improve your English and intercultural communication skills
- You want to experience the rich Korean culture
Bachelor level courses (Undergraduate) and Masters’ level courses (Graduate)
Exchange students at Hanyang University can pick courses from both the Undergraduate and Graduate level. In addition to a wide variety of different Engineering courses, students have the option of choosing courses from study fields such as Language and Culture, Economics, and Business Administration.
Please note that all courses are not available each semester. Check the course lists that correspond to your semester abroad.
All the courses are included in the official curriculum of the university and are held in English.
In order to get accepted to study at Hanyang University and register for courses, students must complete online application form on our website.
Before traveling to Korea, exchange students will register for courses online. The schedule for course registration will be sent to all applicants before the semester starts. Further course registration and login instructions will be given to all applicants closer to the course registration dates.
You can register for courses on different days depending on the year of the course or alternatively register later when all courses EXCEPT 1st year courses are available. Course registration date will be different upon your major and year. Hanyang’s course registration system works on a “first come, first served” basis. Even if you fail to register for courses on designated dates per year(grade), you still have the chance to register on registration date for all year(grade) and after semester begins.
There is a 70% obligatory attendance requirement. Failing to do so may result in failing a course.
The credit system in Korea may differ from what is being used in your home country. At Hanyang University 1 credit equals 15-16 contact hours. In most cases the conversion to ECTS is as follows: 1 Hanyang credit equals 2 ECTS.
Tuition fee: 1990 EUR / semester
Application fee: 75 EUR.
Benefits when applying via Asia Exchange
- Confirmation even in one day
- Asia Exchange Guide with lots of information about studies, visas, accommodation, and other tips
- Orientation days
- 100 EUR discount when applying for two semesters.
- Minimum age of 18 years and 19 for Gap Year students
- You should have sufficient English skills (at least B2 level).
See the additional requirements.
- An official Transcript of Records from your home university. This should preferably be submitted in English, but we also accept these documents in German and French.
- A color photo. The photo is for your student ID card and your face should be clearly visible on it. The background should be white. The picture should preferably be in JPEG-format.
- A copy of the identification page of your passport (please note that your passport must be valid for at least six months after your trip starts)
- Proof of insurance (in English). Hanyang University requires proof of travel and health insurance when applying.
Please note that a financial affidavit may be required when applying for the visa! This depends on the applicants’ nationality.
APPLY to study at the Hanyang University ERICA Campus
Fill out and submit the online application form together with the required documents
- Flexible application: You can apply even if you’re not yet certain of your plans. Cancel at no extra cost up to 1 month before the program starts.
- Get access to comprehensive information materials such as an Asia Exchange Guide after you apply.
- Scan all the required attachments to your computer in PDF format.
- Fill out the online application form below and submit it with the required attachments.
Uploading and submitting the attachments
- Please upload the attachments in PDF format.
- If possible, please submit all the attachments together with the application. If you’re missing some attachment(s) when you first apply, you can send the missing document(s) later. However, please note that we won’t process applications without any attachments whatsoever.
- All attachments must be sent to us within 30 days of submitting the application or by the application deadline at the very latest.
- You can submit all the documents electronically. Please don’t send anything via regular mail.
- There is a late application fee for applications or attachments submitted after the application deadline.
Confirmation, official acceptance letter and visa
You’ll get a confirmation of your study placement in 1-7 days, starting from the day your application is complete with all the required documents. You’ll receive the official acceptance letter 1.5 months before the semester starts at the latest. We’ll send it to the street address you have provided in your application. Please let us know if this address changes at any point. You need the official acceptance letter to apply for a student visa.
The application fee invoice will be sent to you soon after the initial acceptance letter. This fee will be due within 10 days of receiving your confirmation. The application fee is non-refundable even if you decide to cancel (see below). You’ll receive the invoice for the tuition fee about 2.5 months before the semester starts.
If you’re unable to participate in the study abroad semester, you have the right to cancel your participation up to 1 month before the semester starts with no extra cost (the application fee will not be refunded, however). Let us know about your cancellation by writing us an email at info[at]asiaexchange.org. Cancellations notified via phone, SMS, or by any other means will not be considered. For more detailed information on our cancellation policy, please see terms and conditions for cancellation. We also reserve the right to cancel your participation if any of your fees becomes overdue. For more information, please see our terms and conditions.
You are required to have a valid accident and health insurance for the whole duration of the program. The university may request a copy of the insurance certificate at the beginning of the semester. See our recommended travel insurance providers.
ABOUT HANYANG UNIVERSITY
Hanyang University is a private research university with two campuses in South Korea. Asia Exchange offers exchange semesters at the ERICA Campus located in Seoul capital area. The university welcomes over 7000 foreign students each year.
Hanyang University address
ERICA Campus: 55 Hanyangdaehak-ro, Sangnok-gu, Ansan Gyeonggi-do, 426-791, Korea
Hanyang University website
University’s contact person
Mr. Yoorhi Choi
HANYANG UNIVERSITY (ERICA CAMPUS) ACCREDITATION
Accreditation Board for Engineering Education of Korea
- Architectural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Robot Engineering
- Transportation and Logistics Engineering
All international students residing outside Korea will need to apply for a student visa at the embassy or consulate of the Republic of Korea. You must apply for the visa in person at your home country’s Korean embassy. Read about the visa application procedure here.
Q: How do I select my courses?
A: Course registration dates will be sent to you by email. Course registration happens through Hanyang University’s own portal.
Q: What study level are the courses at Hanyang University?
A: Both Bachelor -and Master-level courses are available.
Q: When do the exams take place?
A: Exams will be organized during the last few weeks of the semester. All courses and exams will be finished by the announced semester ending date.
Q: What type of visa do I need to have in order to study in South Korea?
A: You will need a D2 student visa in order to study in South Korea for one or two semesters. Gap Year students can apply with a tourist visa.
Q: When can I apply for my visa?
A: You can start your visa application process after receiving the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter will be sent to you at the latest one month before the start of the semester. Read our general visa instructions here.
Q: Is there on-campus accommodation available at Hanyang University?
A: Yes. In order to apply to the campus dormitories, you must choose “Yes” when applying to Hanyang University through their own portal. You will later need to fill in a separate application for the dormitory on the university’s website.
Q: When can I move into the dormitory, and how long I can stay there?
A: Check-in and check-out dates will be confirmed separately for each semester. Normally, you can check in 4 days before the start of the semester, and students can stay in the dorm for the duration of the semester. The dormitory payment is paid directly to Hanyang University.
The university provides on-campus accommodation at the ERICA Campus. The rooms at the dormitory are double rooms and are equipped with air conditioning, bathroom, 2 single beds and other basic equipment. Students must apply to stay in on-campus dormitories through Hanyang University’s own portal here. As a pre-requisite to applying for the on-campus dormitories, students have to have marked “YES” on the housing part of the Hanyang application form.
Q: Do I need to take into account any healthcare related matters?
A: In addition to the basic vaccinations (MMR and diphtheria-tetanus), travelers are most often advised to get vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B. Vaccinations always depend partly on the individual, so remember to consult your physician.
Q: Do I need insurance?
A: All students are required to have valid travel insurance for the duration of the semester. See our recommended travel insurance providers here.
Q: What kind of costs should I be prepared for?
A: In addition to tuition fees, you should be prepared to pay for the student visa, flights, accommodation and other living costs. The costs of living in Shanghai are slightly lower than in many Western cities, but the real costs will depend on your individual lifestyle.
Q: I need to have my learning agreement/certificate of enrollment signed. What should I do?
A: Please fill out the document and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: When will I receive my Official Acceptance Letter?
The official letter of acceptance will be delivered to you 1.5 months before the semester starts at the latest. We’ll send it to the street address you have provided in your application. Please let us know if this address changes at any point.
Q: When will I receive my Transcript of Records?
A: The university prepares and sends the transcripts of records usually within 2-3 months after the end of the semester.
Q: Do I need to know any Korean beforehand?
A: It is not mandatory to know any Korean beforehand. However, knowing only a few basic words and phrases in advance will already help you a lot!