Study in Sardinia, Italy
Sardinia, or in Italian ‘Sardegna’, is one of the most beautiful Mediterranean destinations, a sophisticated Italian island, west of mainland Italy and south of Corsica. Being the second–largest Mediterranean island, it has so much more to offer with an interesting history, wild mountainous interior, vibrant towns with local traditions, and colorful festivals. Sardinia is renowned for its beautiful beaches, turquoise sea, and fascinating rock formations. A warm welcome awaits you in Sardinia.
Study Abroad in Italy with Beyond AbroAD
Studying at University of Cagliari
The University of Cagliari is one of the oldest universities in the world. UniCa has also been a recognized top ranking university in Italy with its benefits for students studying in which the institution upholds and provides academic excellence, innovative programs, exchange opportunities, facilities (including all levels and types of sporting facilities) its location on the beautiful Sardinian coast and the low cost of living.
Who is this program for?
- You’re a university student or have recently finished high school
- You want to gain a global mindset combined with a unique life experience
- You want to make new international friends and build a career-benefiting multicultural network
- You want to use your spare time to explore the beautiful Sardinia in Italy
|Semester dates||September 28th, 2020 – February 26th, 2021||March 1st – July 30th, 2021|
|Orientation||September 21st – 25th, 2020|
February 18th – 20th, 2021
|Application deadline||September 15th, 2020||November 30th, 2020|
September 29th, 2021 – February 25th, 2022
September 27th, 2021
September 15th, 2021
Courses at University of Cagliari
University of Cagliari is responsible for the teaching and the transcript of records. Students can choose up to 6 courses with max. 36ECTS.
|Business and Economics||Management|
|Languages and Cultures for Linguistics||Sustainable Tourism Management and Monitoring|
|Languages and Communication||Economics, Finance and Public Policy|
|Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology|
|Chemical and Biotechnical Process Engineering|
|Computer Engineering, Cybersecuirty and Artificial Intelligence|
|Environmental and Land Engineering|
|Modern European and American Languages and Literatures|
The University of Cagliari has adopted ECTS as the credit accumulation system: 1 Italian Credit (CFU) = 25 working hours = 1 ECTS Credit ECTS credits express the volume of learning based on the defined learning outcomes and their associated workload. 60 ECTS credits correspond to the workload of a full-time academic year or its equivalent, which normally comprises a number of educational components to which credits are allocated. First cycle qualifications typically include 180 ECTS credits. Second cycle qualifications (Master programmes) typically include 120 ECTS credits
Tuition fee: 1990 EUR (now 1890 EUR for the Autumn 2020 semester)
Application fee: 75 EUR.
See what’s included in the fees.
Are you from outside of Europe? Find out more about the fees.
Benefits when applying via Asia Exchange
- Confirmation even in one day
- Orientation days
- No English proficiency test required
- Save up to 1000 EUR compared to regular tuition fees
- 100 EUR discount when you apply for two semesters.
Application documents required:
- For the Undergraduate Programs High School Diploma or similar certificate Certificate / Transcript of records or equivalent document (stamped and signed or electronically verifiable, in English, German or French language)
- For Graduate Programs Bachelor’s degree diploma, certificate / transcript of records or equivalent document (stamped and signed or electronically verifiable, in English, German or French language)
- An official transcript of records of all your semesters in English (signed and stamped by your home institution or verified by an electronic signature or a barcode) or. If you are not currently enrolled at an institution of higher education, a copy of your bachelor/masters diploma in English is needed. Click the link above for an example transcript of records. The format may vary from university to university.
- A copy of the identification page of your passport. Please note that applications sent without a valid passport cannot be processed.
Apply to study abroad at University of Cagliari
Fill out and submit the online application form together with the required documents
- Flexible application: You can apply even if you’re not yet certain of your plans. Cancel at no extra cost up to 1 month before the semester starts.
- When you apply for two semesters: 100 EUR discount on the second semester
- Get access to comprehensive information materials such as an Asia Exchange Guide and an interactive orientation webinar after you apply
- Scan all the required documents (1–2) to your computer.
- Finally fill out the online application form below and submit it with all the documents.
Uploading and submitting the attachments
- Please upload the attachments in PDF format.
- If possible, please submit all the attachments together with the application. If you’re missing some attachment(s) when you first apply, you can send the missing document(s) later. However, please note that we won’t process applications without any attachments whatsoever.
- All attachments must be sent to us by the application deadline at the very latest, preferably as soon as possible.
- You can submit all the documents electronically. Please don’t send anything via regular mail.
- There is a late application fee for applications or attachments submitted after the application deadline.
You’ll get a confirmation of your study placement in 1-7 days, starting from the day your application is complete with all the required documents.
The application fee invoice will be sent to you soon after the initial acceptance letter. This fee will be due within 10 days of receiving your confirmation. The application fee is non-refundable even if you decide to cancel (see below).
If you’re unable to participate in the study abroad semester, you have the right to cancel your participation up to 1 month before the semester starts with no extra cost (the application fee will not be refunded, however). Let us know about your cancellation by writing us an email at info[at]asiaexchange.org. Cancellations notified via phone, SMS or by any other means will not be considered. For more detailed information on our cancellation policy, please see terms and conditions for cancellation. We also reserve the right to cancel your participation if any of your fees becomes overdue. For more information, please see our terms and conditions.
You are required to have a valid accident and health insurance from your home country for the whole duration of the program. The university may request a copy of the insurance certificate in the beginning of the semester. See our recommended travel insurance providers.
University of Cagliari (UNICA) – public higher education institution in Italy. The history of UNICA can be traced back to1606 . University of Cagliari has an urban campus in Cagliari. University of Cagliari regularly ranks high among the universities of Italy. The composition of the university. University of Cagliari is considered to be a large university, teaching more than 29,000 students. The university accepts applications from foreign students. The university employs 2900 teachers and professors. The university offers international student exchange programs, made possible by the vast network of partner educational institutions and companies.
Via Università 40, 09124 Cagliari
The University of Cagliari is one of the oldest universities in the world recognized as one of the top-ranking universities in Italy dedicated to offering comprehensive and unique public education, cutting-edge research, and multi-discipline education programs for the student community.
How is it to be an exchange student in Bangkok during Covid-19? During this pandemic, Asia Exchange wants to try and help you to continue