GAP YEAR BANGKOK
Study Abroad in Bangkok at the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce for 1 or 2 Semesters
Experience student life in vibrant Bangkok in the oldest private higher education institution in Thailand! Live and study for one or two semesters in Business Administration or Accounting in a university which delivers high-quality world class business education for students from over 40 countries. It is easy to apply, and you will get a confirmation of your study placement even as soon as in one day. Applicants will get a limited 100 EUR discount from the tuition fee due to the novelty of the program.
Be quick! For this program we only have a limited availability.
*) All dates still tentative
- Study at university which combines academic theory and business experience
- Expand your knowledge and skills in a variety of fields
- Gain international experience in one of Asia’s most thrilling cities and explore Thailand in your free time
- Improve your English, creative thinking, and intercultural communication skills
- Enjoy a great selection of free time activities Bangkok has to offer
STUDYING IN THE UNIVERSITY OF THE THAI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Studying in the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC) develops your global mindset which is needed for future business employees and entrepreneurs! Due to a strong network with ASEAN companies, practical business knowledge meets academic theories in lectures given by experienced teachers. Develop a solid ground for your career in the only university that collaborates directly with a national Chamber of Commerce. On your free time you have the possibility to explore the vibrating city of Bangkok with various attractions to visit and enjoy. All courses in offered programs are taught in English.
The University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce International Program is for you, if
- You have recently finished high school and aiming for an international career
- You want to challenge yourself academically and expand your knowledge in Business
- You want to improve your English and intercultural communication skills
- You want to get to know people from all over the world
- You want to explore the dynamic city of Bangkok in your free time
- You want to have a unique opportunity to experience the Thai Community lifestyle
Both spring and autumn semester have a minimum length of fifteen weeks each, excluding the examination period.
You can select 3-6 courses per semester from any program mentioned below. It is also possible to combine courses from different programs. The courses are held together with local students and taught in English.
You will select your final selection of courses before your semester. Adding and dropping courses is possible within the first three weeks of a semester with a written approval from student’s advisor and must be done officially at the Registration office. Please note that courses from different faculties may be organized at the same time.
The University of Thai Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to change the course selection without prior notice.
Bachelor’s level courses
One course at the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce is worth 3 Thai credits which most of the time translates into 5 ECTS/3 US credits (including lectures, assignments, preparing for exams and completing them, and field work).
One credit corresponds to one hour of lecture, two hours of laboratory or three hours of practical training/work on assigned project or activity. In addition, students are expected to spend no less than twice as much time for class preparation and working on class assignments as spent in the classroom.
You can take up to 6 courses during a semester. You can gain up to 30 ECTS/18 US credits in total.
Read more about credit conversion and ask your home university about transferring the credits to your degree.
Tuition fee: 1890 EUR / semester Application fee: 75 EUR. See what’s included in the fees.
Are you from outside of Europe? Find out more about the fees.
Benefits when applying via Asia Exchange
- Confirmation even in one day
- Asia Exchange Guide with lots of information about studies, visas, accommodation, and other tips
- Orientation days
- No English proficiency test required
100 EUR / 120 USD discount when you apply for two semesters.
- A minimum age of 18 years
- To follow the instruction, you should have sufficient English skills (B2 level). No language test is required, however.
See the additional requirements.
- A copy of your High School Diploma
- A copy of the identification page of your passport. The passport must be valid for a minimum of six months after arriving in Thailand. A passport with validity of 18 months has sometimes been required when applying for a one-year Multiple Entry Visa. Please note this also when sending Asia Exchange your application for the study abroad program.
- Recent passport-size photo in .jpg format
Apply to study abroad in the University of Thai Chamber of Commerce
Fill out and submit the online application form together with the required documents
- Flexible application: You can apply even if you’re not yet certain of your plans. Cancel at no extra cost up to 1 month before the semester starts.
- When you apply for two semesters: 100 EUR discount on the second semester
- Get access to comprehensive information materials such as an Asia Exchange Guide and an interactive orientation webinar after you apply.
- Scan all the required attachments to your computer in PDF format (except passport-size photo in .jpg format).
- Fill out the online application form below and submit it with the required attachments.
Uploading and submitting the attachments
- Please upload the attachments in PDF format (except passport-size photo in .jpg format).
- If possible, please submit all the attachments together with the application. If you’re missing some attachment(s) when you first apply, you can send the missing document(s) later. However, please note that we won’t process applications without any attachments whatsoever.
- All attachments must be sent to us within 30 days of submitting the application or by the application deadline at the very latest.
- You can submit all the documents electronically. Please don’t send anything via regular mail.
- There is a late application fee for applications or attachments submitted after the application deadline.
Confirmation, official acceptance letter and visa
You’ll get a confirmation of your study placement in 1-7 days, starting from the day your application is complete with all the required documents. You’ll receive the official acceptance letter latest 1.5 months before the semester starts. We’ll send it to the street address you have provided in your application. Please let us know if this address changes at any point. You need the official acceptance letter to apply for a student visa.
The application fee invoice will be sent to you soon after the initial acceptance letter. This fee will be due within 10 days of receiving your confirmation. The application fee is non-refundable even if you decide to cancel (see below). You’ll receive the invoice for the tuition fee about 2.5 months before the semester starts.
If you’re unable to participate in the study abroad semester, you have the right to cancel your participation up to 1 month before the semester starts with no extra cost (the application fee will not be refunded, however). Let us know about your cancellation by writing us an email at info[at]asiaexchange.org. Cancellations notified via phone, SMS or by any other means will not be considered. For more detailed information on our cancellation policy, please see terms and conditions for cancellation. We also reserve the right to cancel your participation if any of your fees becomes overdue. For more information, please see our terms and conditions.
You are required to have a valid accident and health insurance from your home country for the whole duration of the program. The university may request a copy of the insurance certificate at the beginning of the semester. See our recommended travel insurance providers. Another option: Gap year students can get included in the UTCC university health plan for students but would need to pay for the full year (about 2,000‐2,500 THB).
The University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC) is Thailand’s oldest private non-profit seeking University. UTCC has strong network with businesses worldwide and close cooperation with the Thai Chamber of Commerce which enables UTCC students to gain needed knowledge to success in today’s global business environment. Watch more about the University of Thai Chamber of Commerce.
International School of Management, University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce, 126/1 Vibavadi Rangsit Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
For accreditations, partners, and further information, please visit the university website
The University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce also offers its international students many activities during the semester. Bangkok is also one of the best places to call home if you are planning on traveling around South East Asia. Its convenient location and excellent transportation connections make it possible to visit the many beaches, jungles, and mountains as well as neighbouring countries during the weekends.
Q: What kind of costs are there regarding study materials?
A: Books are included in tuition fees.
Q: What is the required minimum attendance?
A: Students must attend 80 % of the classes.
Q: Can I study Thai language?
A: Yes, there is a Thai language and culture course offered for gap year students each semester.
Q: Will I wear a school uniform?
A: Yes, all undergraduate students in Thailand must wear students’ uniform on campus and when attending official University events. The uniform, a UTCC belt and a pin can be purchased from the ISM Office (1st floor). The cost of all items in total is approximately 1,000 THB.
Q: What is the correct type of visa for studying in Thailand?
A: It’s called “Non-immigrant visa ED”.
Q: When can I apply for my visa?
A: After you have received your official acceptance letter. That happens at the latest one month before the semester starts, but it can be even earlier. The visa process often takes only 4-5 working days. Read our general visa instructions here. You cannot apply for your visa with the initial acceptance letter from Asia Exchange.
Q: How can I find suitable accommodation options?
A: Read our accommodation tips for Bangkok here. We will also send you our Asia Exchange Guide with additional tips.
Q: Should I book accommodation in advance or after arriving in Bangkok?
A: It is completely up to you. Most students prefer checking the accommodation options in person after arrival.
Q: Is there on-campus housing available?
A: Unfortunately, The University of Thai Chamber of Commerce does not offer on-campus housing.
Q: Which vaccinations do I need to take?
A: In addition to the basic vaccinations (MMR and diphtheria-tetanus), travellers are most often advised to get vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B. Vaccinations always depend partly on the individual, so remember to consult your physician.
Q: Do I need to have a travel insurance?
A: You are required to have a valid accident and health insurance from your home country for the whole duration of the program. The university may request a copy of the insurance certificate in the beginning of the semester. See our recommended travel insurance providers.
Q: What kind of costs should I be prepared for?
A: In addition to tuition fees, you should be prepared to pay for the student visa, flights, accommodation and other living costs. The cost of living is relatively low in Bangkok. The real costs depend on your individual lifestyle. Find a list of general living costs here. Read more about budgeting your study abroad semester.
Q: I need to have my learning agreement/certificate of enrolment signed. What should I do?
A: Please fill the document and send it to email@example.com.
Q: When will I receive my Official Acceptance Letter?
A: The official letter of acceptance will be delivered to you 1 month before the semester starts at the latest. We’ll send it to the street address you have provided in your application. Please let us know if this address changes at any point.
Q: When will I receive my Transcript of Records?
A: The university prepares and sends the transcripts of records usually within 2-3 months after the end of the semester.