WARMADEWA INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM
Study Abroad in Bali at
Warmadewa International Program
Join Bali’s most affordable study program with the best student feedback! You can enroll in this highly international program for one or two semesters. You will develop your skills and understanding in International Business, Economy, Leadership, and Management among other intriguing and career-benefiting topics. You can freely choose courses on both Bachelor and Master level and additionally cross-select courses from Warmadewa University’s BBF Program.
Signing up is easy and hassle-free on our website. Register now and ensure your spot in one of the most wanted study abroad programs in Bali. We will confirm your study placement even as quickly as within one day.
Studying in the warmadewa international program
Warmadewa International Program (WIP) is the most affordable and one of the most international study abroad programs in Bali. All courses in the interdisciplinary program are taught in English. Through lectures and interactive workshops and excursions, the program gives you a strong understanding of International Business, Economics, Management, Environmental Sustainability, and the intriguing characteristics of Indonesia and the larger ASEAN area.
Who is this program for?
- You’re a university student or have recently finished high school
- You want to gain a better understanding of global topics combined with a unique life experience
- You want the application process to be easy and all your questions answered quickly
- You want to make new international friends and build a career-benefiting multicultural network
- You want to enjoy a welcoming atmosphere and great student support throughout the semester
Courses in the WIP program
There are both Bachelor’s and Master’s level courses available. Regardless of your study background and your current level of studies, you can choose 3-7 courses from any of the available Bachelor’s and Master’s level courses. The Indonesian Language course is mandatory for all students. In addition to lectures, the program also includes interesting workshops and excursions.
If you wish, you have the option to add courses from Warmadewa University’s BBF Program for an extra fee of 150 EUR per course. You will earn credits from these courses the same way as from the WIP program.
- Indonesian Language WIP41B01 (6 ECTS) (Syllabus)
Bachelor’s level courses
- Indonesian Historical and Cultural Studies WIP41B02 (5 ECTS) (Syllabus)
- Tourism Development in ASEAN WIP41B03 (5 ECTS) (Syllabus)
- International Business and Marketing WIP33B04 (5 ECTS) (Syllabus)
- International Business Law WIP10B05 (5 ECTS) (Syllabus)
- Environmental Management and Sustainability WIP51B06 (5 ECTS) (Syllabus)
- Political Ideologies in Indonesia WIP21B07 (5 ECTS) (Syllabus)
- Organizational Development and Human Resource Management WIP33B08 (5 ECTS) (Syllabus)
Master’s level courses
- Economy & Business of ASEAN WIP33M01 (5 ECTS) (Syllabus)
- Strategic Management and Planning WIP33M02 (5 ECTS) (Syllabus)
- Entrepreneurship and Business Management WIP33M03 (5 ECTS) (Syllabus)
- Global Business, Marketing and Brand Development Strategies WIP33M04 (5 ECTS) Syllabus
- International Innovation, Creativity and Leadership Strategies WIP33M05 (5 ECTS) Syllabus
- Service Marketing Planning and Management WIP33M06 (5 ECTS) Syllabus
The course selections are made after the application deadline. Unless you are notified of overlapping issues or course cancellations, all your course selections are confirmed.
All the courses, workshops and excursions have a 75 % attendance requirement. Failing to adhere to this requirement may lead to failing the course.
Lectures take place from Monday to Wednesday. The workshops and excursions are organized on Thursdays. The semesters run for 16 weeks from April to July and September to December.
Warmadewa University grants credits directly as either ECTS or US credits. Each course is worth 5 ECTS / 3 US credits (except the Indonesian language course, which is worth 6 ECTS / ~3,5 US credits). There are five graduate (Master) level courses available.
In total, you may choose between 3 and 7 courses, which amount to 16–36 ECTS / 9–21 US credits. The Indonesian language course is mandatory. You also have the option to add courses from the BBF Program for an extra fee of 150 EUR per course. You will earn credits from these courses the same way as from the WIP program.
Tuition fee: 1790 EUR / semester
Application fee: 50 EUR.
See what’s included in the fees.
Are you from outside of Europe? Find out more about the fees.
Benefits when applying via Asia Exchange
- Confirmation as quickly as in one day
- Asia Exchange Guide with lots of information about studies, visas, accommodation and other tips
- Orientation days and organized activities/events
- No English proficiency test required
- 100 EUR discount when you apply for two semesters.
To apply, you need to have at least
- a minimum age of 18 years
- a high school diploma or similar certificate.
- sufficient English skills (B2 level). You’re not required to take an official language test, however.
See the additional requirements.
- An official transcript of records of all your semesters in English (signed and stamped by your home institution or verified by an electronic signature or a barcode) or. If you are not currently enrolled at an institution of higher education, a copy of your high school (or equivalent) diploma or bachelor/masters diploma in English. Click the link above for an example transcript of records. The format may vary from university to university.
- A copy of the identification page of your passport. The passport needs to be valid for 6 months after the end of the semester. If your passport expires earlier, please apply for a new passport as soon as possible. Please note that applications sent without a valid passport cannot be processed.
- Signature Page (See example)
Apply to study abroad at Warmadewa University
Get the required documents
Fill out and submit the online application form together with the required documents
You’ll get a confirmation of your study placement within 1-7 days
- Flexible application: You can apply even if you’re not yet certain of your plans. Cancel at no extra cost up to 1 month before the semester starts.
- When you apply for two semesters: 100 EUR discount on the second semester
- Get access to comprehensive information materials such as an Asia Exchange Guide and an interactive orientation webinar after you apply
- Scan the required documents (1–2) to your computer.
- Finally fill out the online application form below and submit it with all the documents.
Uploading and submitting the attachments
- Please upload the attachments in PDF format.
- If possible, please submit all the attachments together with the application. If you’re missing some attachment(s) when you first apply, you can send the missing document(s) later. However, please note that we won’t process applications without any attachments whatsoever.
- All attachments must be sent to us by the application deadline at the very latest, preferably as soon as possible.
- You can submit all the documents electronically. Please don’t send anything via regular mail.
- There is a late application fee for applications or attachments submitted after the application deadline.
Confirmation, official acceptance letter and visa
You’ll get a confirmation of your study placement in 1-7 days, starting from the day your application is complete with all the required documents. You’ll receive the electronic official acceptance letter approximately 1,5 months before the semester starts. You need to print the official acceptance letter for your student visa application.
The application fee invoice will be sent to you soon after the initial acceptance letter. This fee will be due within 10 days of receiving your confirmation. The application fee is non-refundable even if you decide to cancel (see below). You’ll receive the invoice for the tuition fee about 2.5 months before the semester starts.
If you’re unable to participate in the study abroad semester, you have the right to cancel your participation up to 1 month before the semester starts with no extra cost (the application fee will not be refunded, however). Let us know about your cancellation by writing us an email at info[at]asiaexchange.org. Cancellations notified via phone, SMS or by any other means will not be considered. For more detailed information on our cancellation policy, please see terms and conditions for cancellation. We also reserve the right to cancel your participation if any of your fees becomes overdue. For more information, please see our terms and conditions.
You are required to have a valid accident and health insurance from your home country for the whole duration of the program. The university may request a copy of the insurance certificate at the beginning of the semester. See our recommended travel insurance providers.
Universitas Warmadewa, abbreviated as UNWAR, is ranked among the best private universities in Indonesia. It was founded on 17 July 1984. The university has 7 faculties and 19 study programs. Its name was proposed by the Governor of Bali, Ida Bagus Mantra to honor a former king of Bali, Sri Kesari Warmadewa. The big and modern campus area and its several faculties accommodate students from all around the world. Learn more about Warmadewa University.
Warmadewa University Jalan Terompong No 24 Denpasar 80235 Bali Indonesia
University’s contact person
Prof. Dr. I Nyoman Kardana, M.Hum
- Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia
- Indonesian National BAN-PT Accreditation
- Platinum II Tri Hita Karana Award in recognition of consistency of maintaining the high standards (December 1, 2016)
- The top ten best campus given by Bali Best Brand Award (December 17, 2016)
On-campus facilities include tennis courts, a basketball court and a language library. You are more than welcome to participate in different activities such as drama, dance and sports clubs. You can teach English and play with children at the children’s home Seeds of Hope during the semester. Exchange students are encouraged to participate in activities with local students such as jogging events. Students also like to form their own football, tennis and beach volley clubs.
Caring is one of our core values at Asia Exchange. Ever since the early days of Asia Exchange, we have dedicated ourselves to giving back to the local societies. By signing up to study at Warmadewa University or any other university with a charity icon, you are entitled to have an impact on our frequent charity donations.
We donate 25EUR of each tuition fee to support underprivileged children’s education, environmental protection or animal welfare in Bali. All you need to do is let us know of your choice while signing up! Together we can build a better future, piece by piece.
Q: Can I take Master level courses even if I’m a Bachelor level student? A: Yes, you can. Bachelor level students can choose Master level courses and vice versa. Please confirm with your home institution which courses are accepted for credit transfer.
Q: Are there mandatory courses? A: Yes, Indonesian Language course is mandatory for all students attending Warmadewa International Program. You will have 2 lectures per week of this course.
Q: When are my course selections confirmed? A: We will send your course selections to Warmadewa University approximately 1 month after the application deadline. Unless you’re notified that there is overlapping with your course selections or that a certain course doesn’t take place, all your course selections are confirmed.
Q: Can I drop out of a course or add a course after making the course selections? A: Dropping out of a course is still possible until the second week of the semester as long as you still have a minimum of 3 courses left. If you wish to add a course, it is still possible on a case-by-case basis prior to the start of the semester (until a maximum of 7 courses). Please email email@example.com
Q: How does the weekly schedule look like? A: In general, you will have contact lectures from Monday to Wednesday. Thursdays are reserved for workshops and excursions during the first half of your semester.
Q: What is the required minimum attendance? A: You must attend a minimum of 75 % of lectures and all mandatory workshops/excursions. You must also pass the mid-term and final exams to receive your grades. In case of sickness, you can discuss with the program staff regarding excused absence.
Q: When do the exams take place? A: All exams will take place inside the official semester dates. Mid-term exams take usually place the week before mid-term holiday and final exams the last week of the semester. The exams are scheduled for the same weekdays and times as your normal classes.
Q: What kind of costs are there regarding study materials? A: There are no book fees at Warmadewa International Program. Most of the study materials will be uploaded to a student folder in Google Drive/Dropbox. Some assignments must be submitted as printed documents. There are printing shops outside the campus and printing is extremely cheap in Bali.
Dresscode: You should always cover your shoulders, belly, knees and toes when on campus. Please bring enough proper, lightweight clothes with you from home as it can be difficult to find especially bigger size clothes or shoes in Bali.
Q: What is the correct type of visa for studying at Warmadewa University? A: Socio-Cultural Visa / Short Visit Visa.
Q: When can I apply for my visa? A: As soon as you receive the official acceptance letter from Warmadewa University. We will send this to you latest 1 month before the semester starts. You cannot apply for your visa with the initial acceptance letter from Asia Exchange.
Q: Can I travel inside of Indonesia during the semester even if my passport is at immigration for extension? A: Former students have been able to travel with a scanned copy of their passport’s ID page and student card from Warmadewa University. You can find general information about Indonesian student visas here.
Q: Should I book accommodation in advance or after arriving in Bali? A: It is completely up to you. During the autumn many of the cheapest places get booked in advance but most students still prefer checking the accommodation options in person after arrival.
Q: Do I need an International Driver’s License for driving a scooter in Bali? A: Yes, you do. If you don’t yet have one, please order it from your national car union’s website. Bear in mind that driving a scooter in Bali requires a motorbike license. Without one, you might have problems with your insurance company in case of an accident.
Q: Which vaccinations do I need to take? A: We recommend MMR, Tetanus-diphteria and hepatitis A and B. You can ask your doctor for possible other recommendations in case you wish to travel to more rural areas. Bali is not a malaria-endemic zone, so most likely you will not need to purchase anti-malaria medication.
Q: Can I bring prescription medicines to Bali? A: That shouldn’t be a problem as long as you bring the doctor’s prescription with the medicine. Some medicines can be very hard or impossible to find in Bali even though there are plenty of pharmacies in the more touristy areas of Bali.
Q: How are the hospitals in Bali? A: There are many international standard hospitals in Bali, for example BIMC, Siloam and Kasih Ibu. Please ask your insurance company for their partner hospital in Bali, as most insurances have one which they prefer. With minor worries you can usually visit the local clinics that can be found everywhere.
Q: Do I need to have a travel insurance? You are required to have a valid accident and health insurance from your home country for the whole duration of the program. The university may request a copy of the insurance certificate at the beginning of the semester. See our recommended travel insurance providers.
In addition to tuition fees, you should be prepared to pay for the student visa, flights, accommodation and other living costs. There are no book fees in the Warmadewa International Program, as most of the study materials will be uploaded to a student folder in Google Drive/Dropbox. The cost of living is relatively low in Bali. The actual costs depend on your individual lifestyle. Find a list of general living costs here. Read more about budgeting your study abroad semester.
Q: I need to have my learning agreement/certificate of enrollment signed. What should I do? A: Please fill out the document and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward it to Warmadewa University for signing.
Q: When will I receive my Official Acceptance Letter? The electronic official letter of acceptance will be delivered to you approximately 1.5 months before the semester starts. Please print it for your student visa application.
Q: When will I receive my Transcript of Records? A: The university prepares and sends the transcripts of records usually within 2 months after the end of the semester
Q: Which other essential items should I bring with me from home? A: Sunscreen, contact lenses, tampons, underwear, power bank, USB stick and dry shampoo.