Study Business, Economics and Finance at the Best Private University in Bali
Realize your dream of studying in Bali at the best private university on the island! Study for one or two semesters or complete a full Bachelor’s degree. Undiknas University is the only university in Bali offering international degree programs in Business&Management or Accounting&Finance. Apply today and get accepted as quickly as within a day.
*) Dates still tentative
- Enjoy the easiest possible application process
- Take part in international degree programs with students from all over the world
- Have access to AE Student Portal before, during and after the semester
- Study at a modern, international campus with excellent facilities and services
- Meet both local and international students and build your international network
- Explore the famous paradise island Bali and the neighboring islands in your free time
- Get supported by International Students’ Association throughout your semester
Studying in Undiknas University’s International Programs
Expand your academic knowledge and skills by choosing between 3 different study programs in English offered by 2 different faculties: Business and Economics and Graduate School.
Who are the study programs at Undiknas University for?
- You’re a university student with any study background, a high school graduate or similar*
- You’re interested in Indonesia and South-East Asia
- You’re interested in spending a life-changing semester on a paradise island
- You want to study at Bali’s best private university and expand your knowledge with a variety of topics
- You want to get to know people from all over the world
Undiknas University has the largest course offering in Bali.
You can choose 3-6 courses per semester (up to 30 ECTS) from the study programs below. The course Indonesian Language is included in this and mandatory for everyone.
If you are a Master / graduate level student, you can choose both Bachelor and Master level courses. If you are a Bachelor level student at the latter part of your studies, you may be eligible for choosing introductory level Master level courses. At the moment there are only Bachelor’s level courses available from the Faculty of Business and Economics. Master level courses will be available soon.
Indonesian Language 5ECTS (Syllabus)
Business & Management (Bachelor’s courses)
Accounting & Finance (Bachelor’s courses)
Some of the courses have prerequisites. Your study background can be considered instead of pre-requisite course attendance.
The course selections are made beforehand but you can still easily change them at the beginning of the semester.
All courses have a 75 % attendance requirement. Failing to adhere to this requirement may lead to failing a course.
Lectures in the Bachelor level study programs take place from Monday to Friday during the day. Lectures in the Master level study programs take place from Monday to Saturday in the afternoons and evenings. The semesters run for 16 weeks from January to May and September to December.
Undiknas University offers students the possibility to conduct a Public Administration internship at their International Office after the study abroad semester.
Undiknas University grants credits directly as either ECTS or US credits. All courses are worth 5 ECTS / 3 US credits. You may choose a minimum of 3 courses / 15 ECTS and a maximum of 6 courses / 30 ECTS.
Tuition fee: 1790 EUR / semester
Application fee: 50 EUR.
See what’s included in the fees.
Are you from outside of Europe? Find out more about the fees.
Benefits when applying via Asia Exchange
- Confirmation as quickly as within one day
- Access to Asia Exchange Student Portal
- Asia Exchange Guide with lots of information about studies, visas, accommodation, and other tips
- Orientation days and other interesting events and activities
- No English proficiency test required
- 100 EUR discount when you apply for two semesters.
- a minimum age of 18 years
- a high school diploma or similar certificate to apply for Bachelor level study programs OR a completed Bachelor degree certificate to apply for Master level study programs
- sufficient English skills (B2 level). You’re not required to take an official language test, however.
See the additional requirements.
- An official transcript of records of all your semesters in English (signed and stamped by your home institution or verified by electronic signature or barcode) or, if you are not currently enrolled at an institution of higher education and applying for Bachelor level study program, a copy of your high school diploma (or similar document) in English. Click the link above for an example transcript of records. The format may vary from university to university.
- A copy of the identification page of your passport. The passport needs to be valid for 6 months after the end of the semester. If your passport expires earlier, please apply for a new passport as soon as possible. Please note that applications sent without a valid passport cannot be processed.
- A passport photo in JPG-format.
Apply to study abroad at Undiknas University
Fill out and submit the online application form together with the required documents
- Flexible application: You can apply even if you’re not yet certain of your plans. Cancel at no extra cost up to 1 month before the semester starts.
- When you apply for two semesters: 100 EUR discount on the second semester
- Get access to comprehensive information materials such as an Asia Exchange Guide and an interactive orientation webinar after you apply
- Scan all the required documents to your computer.
- Fill out the online application form and submit it with all the documents.
Uploading and submitting the attachments
- Please upload the attachments in PDF format.
- If possible, please submit all the attachments together with the application. If you’re missing some attachment(s) when you first apply, you can send the missing document(s) later. However, please note that we won’t process applications without any attachments whatsoever.
- All attachments must be sent to us by the application deadline at the very latest, but preferably as soon as possible.
- You can submit all the documents electronically. Please don’t send anything via regular mail.
- There is a late application fee for applications or attachments submitted after the application deadline.
Confirmation, official acceptance letter and visa
You’ll get a confirmation of your study placement in 1-7 days, starting from the day your application is complete with all the required documents. You’ll receive the electronic official acceptance letter latest one month before the semester starts. You need to print the official acceptance letter to apply for your student visa application.
The application fee invoice will be sent to you soon after the initial acceptance letter. This fee will be due within 10 days of receiving your confirmation. The application fee is non-refundable even if you decide to cancel (see below). You’ll receive the invoice for the tuition fee about 2.5 months before the semester starts.
If you’re unable to participate in the study abroad semester, you have the right to cancel your participation up to 1 month before the semester starts with no extra cost (the application fee will not be refunded, however). Let us know about your cancellation by writing us an email at info[at]asiaexchange.org. Cancellations notified via phone, SMS or by any other means will not be considered. For more detailed information on our cancellation policy, please see terms and conditions for cancellation. We also reserve the right to cancel your participation if any of your fees becomes overdue. For more information, please see our terms and conditions.
You are required to have a valid accident and health insurance from your home country for the whole duration of the program. You must submit a copy of the insurance certificate to Undiknas University at the beginning of your semester. See our recommended travel insurance providers.
Universitas Pendidikan Nasional Bali, abbreviated as UNDIKNAS and also known as University of National Education, is a private university that was founded on February 17th, 1959. It is ranked as the best private university in the area of Bali, West Nusa Tenggara and East Nusa Tenggara and among the top universities in the whole of Indonesia. The university has 4 faculties and 11 study programs, out of which 8 are on undergraduate level and 3 on graduate level. Most of its study programs have received the highest Indonesian (BAN-PT) accreditation of A. The modern campus area and facilities in Denpasar host and serve students from around the world.
Jl. Bedugul No.39 Sidakarya Denpasar 80224 Bali Indonesia
University’s contact person
Ida Nyoman Basmantra, M.Pd. (Head of International Office)
- Indonesian National BAN-PT accreditation for the university and study programs (https://undiknas.ac.id/status-akreditasi/)
On-campus facilities include a library, a laboratory, a bank, and canteens. Sports facilities are currently under construction. You are welcome to participate in different student clubs and activities. You can also teach English and play with the kids at the children’s homes such as Seeds of Hope and YKPA during the semester. Students can also form their own football tennis, badminton, and beach volley clubs with local and other international students.
Q: Can I take Master level courses even if I’m a Bachelor level student?
A: Only if you are in the latter part of your Bachelor degree studies. Please confirm with your home institution which courses are accepted for credit transfer.
Q: When are my course selections confirmed?
A: We will send your course selections to Undiknas University approximately 1 month after the application deadline. Unless you’re notified that there is overlapping with your course selections, all your course selections are confirmed.
Q: Can I drop out of a course or add a course after making the course selections?
A: Dropping out of a course is still possible until the second week of the semester as long as you still have a minimum of 3 courses left. If you wish to add a course, it is still possible on a case-by-case basis prior to the start of the semester (until a maximum of 6 courses).
Q: How does the weekly schedule look like?
A: In general, you will have contact lectures from Monday to Friday depending on your course selections. If you choose Master level courses, the lectures will take place Monday to Saturday in the afternoons and evenings.
Q: What is the required minimum attendance? A: You must attend a minimum of 75 % of lectures. You must also pass the mid-term and final exams to receive your grades. In case of sickness, you can discuss with the program staff regarding excused absence.
Q: When do the exams take place?
A: All exams will take place inside the official semester dates. Mid-term exams take usually place after the first 6-7 weeks of the semester and final exams the last weeks of the semester. The exams are scheduled for the same weekdays and times as your normal classes.
Q: What kind of costs are there regarding study materials?
A: There are no book fees at Undiknas University. You might have to print some of your assignments. There are copyshops nearby the campus and printing is very cheap in Bali.
Dresscode: You should always cover your shoulders, belly, knees and toes when on campus. Please bring enough proper, lightweight clothes with you from home as it can be difficult to find especially bigger size clothes or shoes in Bali.
Q: What is the correct type of visa for studying at Undiknas University? A: Socio-Cultural Visa / Short Visit Visa. Students applying for a full Bachelor’s degree need to apply for Limited Stay Visa.
Q: When can I apply for my visa? A: As soon as you receive the official acceptance letter from Undiknas University. We will send this to you approximately 1,5-2 months before the semester starts. You cannot apply for your visa with the initial acceptance letter from Asia Exchange.
Q: Can I travel inside of Indonesia during the semester even if my passport is at immigration for extension?
A: Former students have been able to travel with a scanned copy of their passport’s ID page and student card from Undiknas University. You can find general information about Indonesian student visas here.
Q: Should I book accommodation in advance or after arriving in Bali?
A: It is completely up to you. During the autumn many of the cheapest places get booked in advance but most students still prefer checking the accommodation options in person after arrival.
Q: Which vaccinations do I need to take?
A: We recommend MMR, Tetanus-diphteria and hepatitis A and B. You can ask your doctor for possible other recommendations in case you wish to travel to more rural areas. Bali is not a malaria-endemic zone, so most likely you will not need to purchase anti-malaria medication.
Q: Can I bring prescription medicines to Bali?
A: That shouldn’t be a problem as long as you bring the doctor’s prescription with the medicine. Some medicines can be very hard or impossible to find in Bali even though there are plenty of pharmacies in the more touristy areas of Bali.
Q: How are the hospitals in Bali?
A: There are many international standard hospitals in Bali, for example BIMC, Siloam and Kasih Ibu. Please ask your insurance company for their partner hospital in Bali, as most insurances have one which they prefer. With minor worries you can usually visit the smaller clinics that can be found everywhere.
Q: Do I need to have a travel insurance? You are required to have a valid accident and health insurance from your home country for the whole duration of the program. You must submit a copy of the insurance certificate to the university at the beginning of the semester. See our recommended travel insurance providers.
In addition to tuition fees, you should be prepared to pay for the student visa, flights, accommodation and other living costs. There are no book fees at Undiknas University. The cost of living is relatively low in Bali. The actual costs depend on your individual lifestyle. Find a list of general living costs here. Read more about budgeting your study abroad semester.
Q: I need to have my learning agreement/certificate of enrollment signed. What should I do?
A: Please fill out the document and send it to email@example.com and we will forward it to Undiknas University for signing.
Q: When will I receive my Official Acceptance Letter? The official letter of acceptance will be delivered to you approximately 1,5-2 months before the semester starts. We’ll send it to you by email and you should print it for your visa application.
Q: When will I receive my Transcript of Records?
A: The university prepares and sends the transcripts of records usually within 1-2 months after the end of the semester.
Q: Which other essential items should I bring with me from home?
A: Sunscreen, contact lenses, tampons, underwear, power bank, USB stick and dry shampoo.