study in cuba - beyond abroad

Study abroad in Cuba

Study in, Cuba, and immerse yourself in Cuban culture with Cienfuegos University’s outstanding study abroad program!

Fastest growing university in Cuba - Beyond AbroadStudy in Cuba, It is one of the most musically diverse countries on the planet. The beaches of Cuba are famous for a reason: they are uncrowded, tropically beautiful, and diversified. Gain international experience, advance your profession, and immerse yourself in Cuban culture with Cienfuegos University’s outstanding study abroad program!

logo beyond abroad

STUDY ABROAD in cuba with Beyond Abroad

Easy application process

Just fill out an online application form and submit it with a few attachments.

Acceptance even in one day

Acceptance even in one day

Secure study

Your study placement can be confirmed as quickly as in day.

Most affordable tuition fees

Our fees are more affordable than applying directly to the university

Get all the support you need

Our team helps you get the most out of your time abroad

Apply easily with friends

Share life-changing experiences together


Cienfuegos University


fastest growing university in cuba

top #1

best course offering for international students

accredited by ministerio de educación superior, cuba

Program Overview


Spring: (Jan - May)
Autumn: (Aug - Dec)

Levels of Study

Bachelor & Master

Max. Credits

30 ECTS /
15 US credits per trimester


+ application fee

Program Content

Lectures, workshops and excursions

Study Fields

Engineering, Social Sciences, Economics, Management, Humanities, Spanish Languages, Computer Sciences, Marketing, etc.

Program Highlights

  • Cienfuegos University provides students with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to study abroad in Cuba for a semester or longer.
  • For international students, a one-of-a-kind, tailor-made program is available.
  • Join a group of over 150 foreign students from all around the world.
  • Experience English-taught programs in one of the most iconic islands worldwide
  • Our students have the possibility to learn Spanish and to improve their language skills


Studying at Cienfuegos University in Cuba offers you the unique chance to explore Cuba and study in a tailormade program for study abroad students, fully taught in English and based on the curriculum of Cienfuegos University. The University presents a teaching method that demands students’ active participation in their own learning and development process. Learning about the Cuban Culture plays an important role as well.


  • You’re interested in Cuba
  • You want to study abroad in a unique environment
  • You want to expand your knowledge with a variety of topics
  • You want to get to know people from all over the world



Q: How do I select my courses?
A: From the list sent by the Head of Export and Commercialization Office, you select the ones that suit your interests.

Q: Are the courses organized and taught in English?
A: Those courses sent in the list are taught in English.

Q: Can I enrol in courses taught in Spanish?
A: Yes.

Q: Do I need to have any language certificate?
A: For those courses taught in Spanish the students don’t need to have a certificate, but they need to be proficient in Spanish at least at a B1 or B1+ levels. A Spanish diagnose will be applied to them before starting the courses; in case they don’t show enough language proficiency they will have to enrol in a Spanish Language course to get the B1 level before doing the specialized course. The Spanish Language course, should be paid as well.

Q: What is the required course attendance?
A: 70% of attendance

Q: When do exams take place?
A: There should be Midterm Examinations and Final Examinations, but it will depend on the course program.


Q: What type of VISA do I need to have to study abroad in Cuba?
A: The students can enter the country with a tourist visa, once here the university authorities can guide the students and facilitate the change to a student visa. (process that they will have to afford)


Q: What type of accommodation options available?
A: The university is working on providing dorms inside campus, but they are not finished yet. At the moment, the options are houses for rent outside campus that the students will have to book on their own beforehand.


Q: How can I get to the campus?
A: There are public and private transportation means, as well as state and private taxis.


Q: Do I need an insurance?
A: Yes, students need to arrive at the country with a health insurance.


Q: I need to have my learning agreement/certificate of enrolment signed. What should I do?
A: Please fill the document and send it to

Q: When will I receive my Official Acceptance Letter?
A: The official letter of acceptance (Offer Letter) will be sent to you by email 2–3 months before the semester starts.

Q: When will I receive my Transcript of Records?
A: The university prepares and sends the Academic Records, usually within 1-2 months after the end of the semester. We will send your Academic Records as soon as we receive them from ULACIT.


Not the destination you were looking for?