Study abroad in Cuba
Study in, Cuba, and immerse yourself in Cuban culture with Cienfuegos University’s outstanding study abroad program!
Study in Cuba, It is one of the most musically diverse countries on the planet. The beaches of Cuba are famous for a reason: they are uncrowded, tropically beautiful, and diversified. Gain international experience, advance your profession, and immerse yourself in Cuban culture with Cienfuegos University’s outstanding study abroad program!
STUDY ABROAD in cuba with Beyond Abroad
Just fill out an online application form and submit it with a few attachments.
fastest growing university in cuba
best course offering for international students
accredited by ministerio de educación superior, cuba
Spring: (Jan - May)
Autumn: (Aug - Dec)
Levels of Study
Bachelor & Master
30 ECTS /
15 US credits per trimester
Lectures, workshops and excursions
Engineering, Social Sciences, Economics, Management, Humanities, Spanish Languages, Computer Sciences, Marketing, etc.
- Cienfuegos University provides students with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to study abroad in Cuba for a semester or longer.
- For international students, a one-of-a-kind, tailor-made program is available.
- Join a group of over 150 foreign students from all around the world.
- Experience English-taught programs in one of the most iconic islands worldwide
- Our students have the possibility to learn Spanish and to improve their language skills
STUDYING AT THE CIENFUEGOS UNIVERSITY
Studying at Cienfuegos University in Cuba offers you the unique chance to explore Cuba and study in a tailormade program for study abroad students, fully taught in English and based on the curriculum of Cienfuegos University. The University presents a teaching method that demands students’ active participation in their own learning and development process. Learning about the Cuban Culture plays an important role as well.
WHO IS THIS STUDY IN CUBA PROGRAM FOR?
- You’re interested in Cuba
- You want to study abroad in a unique environment
- You want to expand your knowledge with a variety of topics
- You want to get to know people from all over the world
|Semester dates||January 30th – May 20th|
|Application deadline||November 30th, 2022|
|Semester dates||August 28th – December 15th|
|Application deadline||June 26th, 2023|
|Semester dates||January 29th – May 20th|
|Application deadline||November 30th, 2023|
You may apply for semesters in the upcoming years already.
*) Dates still tentative
Study in Cuba: Courses & Study
- You can pick up to 6 courses per semester.
Course descriptions are available for each course under ‘Syllabi´next to the Faculty
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING (Syllabi)
COMPUTER ENGINEERING CAREER:
- Introduction to programming (programming language Python, Java or C++)
- Big Data Analytics for Business
- Automatization Techniques
- Application Development and Implementation
- Developing Artificial Intelligence for Business Management
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES (Syllabi)
SOCIOCULTURAL MANAGEMENT CAREER:
- Sociocultural Heritage Management
- Sociocultural Anthropology
- Cultural Identity and Cuban Music and Cienfueguera
- Globalization and Social Change
- Environmental Management and Sustainability
- Cross-Cultural communication
- Sociocultural Management and Development
FACULTY OF ECONOMIC SCIENCES (Syllabi)
- International Business
- Global Marketing
- Foreign Trade and Agri-Business in Cuba
- International Tourism Management
- Economy and Business of Cuba
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES (Syllabi)
SPANISH-AS-A-FOREIGN-LANGUAGE TEACHING MAJORS:
- Spanish for International Students (Beginner Level)
- Spanish for International Students (Intermediate Level)
ENGLISH SPANISH-AS-A-FOREIGN-LANGUAGE TEACHING MAJORS:
- Advanced English
- English Language Presentations and Public Speaking
- English for the Humanities and Social Sciences
- English in Corporate and Professional Communication
MAKING YOUR COURSE SELECTIONS
Courses will be selected during the first days of your semester.
In addition to the courses mentioned above, you have the chance to attend additional distance learning courses in the fields of Economics, Marketing, Sociology, and Politics. All the courses are taught from a distance and can be joined independently from place and time. This gives you the ultimate flexibility to combine your study abroad experience with various academic courses.
All information about the eCampus can be found here.
You have the chance to opt for distance learning courses during your application process. Please note that each distance learning course is worth 5 ECTS and comes at an additional charge of 149€ / 167USD.
After completing your eCampus courses, you will receive an academic transcript issued by Undiknas University. Additionally, you will receive a participation certificate for each completed distance learning course.
Study in Cuba: Credits & Grading
Cienfuegos University grants credits in local credit points. Each credit point equals 16 credit hours. You may choose between up to 6 courses, which amount to a total of 18–30 ECTS.
Study in Cuba Fees
See what’s included in the fees.
Many of our students apply for national student funding such as PROMOS, BAföG, or CSN.
Are you from outside of Europe? Find out more about the fees.
Benefits when applying via Asia Exchange
- Confirmation even in one day
- Orientation days
- No English proficiency test required
- Save more than a
compared to regular tuition fees discount when you apply for two semesters.
Who Can Apply to Study in Cuba
TO APPLY, YOU NEED TO HAVE AT LEAST
- Minimum age of 18 years
- A high school diploma or similar certificate.
- To follow the instruction, you should have sufficient English skills. No language test is required.
Study in Cuba: Required Documents
- An official transcript of records of all your semesters or, if you are not currently enrolled at an institution of higher education, a copy of your high school diploma (or similar document). Click the link above for an example transcript of records. The format may vary from university to university.
- A copy of the identification page of your passport.
Apply to Study in Cuba at CIENFUEGOS UNIVERSITY
Get the required documents (see list below)
Fill out and submit the online application form together with the required documents
You’ll get a confirmation of your study placement within one week, at best as quickly as in one day.
- When you apply for two semesters: 100 EUR discount on the second semester
- Get access to comprehensive information materials such as a Beyond Abroad Guide and an interactive orientation webinar after you apply
- Scan all the required documents (1–2) to your computer.
- Finally, fill out the online application form below and submit it with all the documents.
Uploading and submitting the attachments
- Please upload the attachments in PDF format.
- If possible, please submit all the attachments together with the application. If you’re missing some attachment(s) when you first apply, you can later send the missing document(s). However, please note that we won’t process applications without any attachments whatsoever.
- All attachments must be sent to us by the application deadline at the very latest, preferably as soon as possible.
- You can submit all the documents electronically. Please don’t send anything via regular mail.
- There is a late application fee for applications or attachments submitted after the application deadline.
You’ll get a confirmation of your study placement in 1-7 days, starting from when your application is complete with all the required documents.
The application fee invoice will be sent to you soon after the initial acceptance letter. This fee will be due within 10 days of receiving your confirmation. The application fee is non-refundable even if you decide to cancel (see below).
If you’re unable to participate in the study abroad semester, you have the right to cancel your participation up to 1 month before the semester starts with no extra cost (the application fee will not be refunded, however). Let us know about your cancellation by writing us an email at info[at]asiaexchange.org. Cancellations notified via phone, SMS or by any other means will not be considered. For more detailed information on our cancellation policy, please see the terms and conditions for cancellation. We also reserve the right to cancel your participation if any of your fees becomes overdue. For more information, please see our terms and conditions.
You are required to have valid accident and health insurance from your home country for the whole duration of the program. The university may request a copy of the insurance certificate at the beginning of the semester. See our recommended travel insurance providers.
Study in Cuba: About the University
Cienfuegos University is located in the mind-blowing city of Cienfuegos, also known as La Perla del Sur (The Pearl of the South). Those who choose to study in Cuba at this university have the opportunity to combine fantastic education with the beautiful tropical beaches found on the island’s southern coast. Founded in 1970, the Universidad de Cienfuegos Carlos Rafael Rodríguez currently ranks within Latin America’s top 300 universities.
CS, Cienfuegos, Cuba
Unfortunately, traveling by plane to study abroad increases the carbon footprint of each student. Over the past years, it has become more apparent than ever: we face a climate crisis and air transport is responsible for up to 10% of humankind’s contribution to global warming. But should students stop pursuing their dreams of studying abroad and sacrifice their future goals? We don’t think so!
We see it as our responsibility to preserve our environment, live a sustainable life, and minimize the carbon footprint of each of our students. Consequently, Asia Exchange has chosen to work with Atmosfair, a non-profit organization that actively contributes to CO₂ mitigation and offers Co2 offsetting. You can now easily donate a free amount of money to Atmosfair’s projects dedicated to offsetting Co2 emissions. During the application process for your study abroad program, you have the opportunity to donate and mitigate your flight emissions.
Simultaneously, Asia Exchange will support your efforts to reduce their carbon footprint when studying abroad by doubling your donations and contributing equally. Let’s make this world a better place!
Click here to find out more about offsetting your flight emissions
Explore virtually – interactive destination tour
FREQUENT ASKED QUESTIONS
STUDIES & SCHEDULES
STUDIES & SCHEDULES
Q: How do I select my courses?
A: From the list sent by the Head of Export and Commercialization Office, you select the ones that suit your interests.
Q: Are the courses organized and taught in English?
A: Those courses sent in the list are taught in English.
Q: Can I enrol in courses taught in Spanish?
Q: Do I need to have any language certificate?
A: For those courses taught in Spanish the students don’t need to have a certificate, but they need to be proficient in Spanish at least at a B1 or B1+ levels. A Spanish diagnose will be applied to them before starting the courses; in case they don’t show enough language proficiency they will have to enrol in a Spanish Language course to get the B1 level before doing the specialized course. The Spanish Language course, should be paid as well.
Q: What is the required course attendance?
A: 70% of attendance
Q: When do exams take place?
A: There should be Midterm Examinations and Final Examinations, but it will depend on the course program.
VISA & TRAVEL
VISA & TRAVEL
Q: What type of VISA do I need to have to study abroad in Cuba?
A: The students can enter the country with a tourist visa, once here the university authorities can guide the students and facilitate the change to a student visa. (process that they will have to afford)
Q: What type of accommodation options available?
A: The university is working on providing dorms inside campus, but they are not finished yet. At the moment, the options are houses for rent outside campus that the students will have to book on their own beforehand.
Q: How can I get to the campus?
A: There are public and private transportation means, as well as state and private taxis.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Q: Do I need an insurance?
A: Yes, students need to arrive at the country with a health insurance.
Q: I need to have my learning agreement/certificate of enrolment signed. What should I do?
A: Please fill the document and send it to email@example.com.
Q: When will I receive my Official Acceptance Letter?
A: The official letter of acceptance (Offer Letter) will be sent to you by email 2–3 months before the semester starts.
Q: When will I receive my Transcript of Records?
A: The university prepares and sends the Academic Records, usually within 1-2 months after the end of the semester. We will send your Academic Records as soon as we receive them from ULACIT.
“Study hard, learn as much as you can both culturally and academically, but always remember to make time for putting that cultural knowledge to use. Travel, grow and live in the moment.“
Not the destination you were looking for?
Affordable Korean language programs in Korea
Even those not under a budget are looking for the most affordable Korean language programs in Korea. Why? Because aside from the tuition fee, there
Korean Language Program in Seoul: Which learning institutions are guaranteed to transform you from being a beginner to becoming fluent?
The best Korean language programs in Seoul offer one thing: fully reaching your academic goals while learning to speak and understand Korean. Today, let us
KOREAN LANGUAGE COURSES IN KOREA
The best way to learn Korean is by taking language courses and living in South Korea at the same time. That is why Asia Exchange enables students to study at a Korean University and take Korean language classes in Seoul, Ansan or Busan. Are you interested in a language program in Korea? If that’s the case, keep reading!