A Semester Abroad, A Lifetime of Memories!
From your first click to your final destination, we've got you covered.
With over 16 years under our belt, we’ve redefined what it means to spend a semester abroad. Dive into a global network of 10,000 students from 100+ countries and Experience a semester abroad that’s more than just academic credits.
How it works
We here at Asia Exchange are former exchange students. Thus, we can provide you the quickest and easiest process in the world to get you abroad.
What you get
Study in Asia
Study in Europe & America
Asia Exchange, established in 2007, has sent more than 10.000 students abroad. We are proud that our community reviewed our services with 4.8/5
On top of that, Asia Exchange received several awards and recognitions worldwide, ranking us as the number one study abroad provider around the globe.
These reviews are more than plain words. These reviews, awards, and recognitions are our students’ and partners’ feelings and experiences. We feel honored that more than 10.000 students and partners from more than 100 countries trusted Asia Exchange and allowed us to impact their lives beyond imagination positively.
Our happy customers
We’ve helped thousands of people move
My study abroad experiences in Malaysia has been a life-changing journey. My interest and understanding of Asia have significantly grown, and I have become more aware of cultural differences.
Ali & Ilona
When we first planned our semester abroad, we were accepted to an university in Canada. But then we came across Asia Exchange and were amazed by the opportunity to study in Bali. Looking back, we could not be more grateful for letting the chance go of studying in Canada and going to Bali instead.
Asia Exchange helped me a lot to find my dream destination. Now I just want you to jump on a plane and travel to South Korea. Seoul is one of my favorite cities on earth, full of life day and night. It was an amazing experience and I will miss all these Café, food, friends so much. Now it’s your turn to come!
Don’t be scared, and just do it! We are not regretting it at all. We are having the time of our life. So, do it; you won’t regret it!
Being able to study abroad gives me so much! I became independent, and I was able to learn so much about this wonderful Costa Rican culture, but above all to see and visit this country which has such beautiful and diverse landscapes!
The smell of cotton candy is laying in the air paired with laughter. It’s the first day of school at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies and the college clubs try to recruit new members. I love the atmosphere of my new home; busy students walking around, the smell of the metropolis and the excitement about something new that’s laying in front of me.
I would really recommend everyone to study abroad in Bali, of course. Maybe, it sounds cliché, but my main tip is that you should take advantage of cultural diversity.
The months in Korea were certainly some of the best in my life. In between a vivid nightlife, extraordinary food, deep conversations, a great number of wonderful friends from different cultures, a very special football club and the exchange life itself – this is what shaped me most within the last few months.
You ask, we answer
Yes! Every country in the world has incredible educational programs that truly benefit your overall development.
We have collaborations with the best learning institutions globally to make your semester abroad life-changing. Our partner universities are growing, so you can expect more choices that will undoubtedly fit your goals.
Do you prefer a semester abroad on a relaxing tropical island with many thrilling activities after school? How about in a modern and vibrant city where convenience is readily available anytime?
To help you decide, make choosing fun through our Asia Exchange and Beyond Abroad Destination Quiz. Just pick your preferences, and it will show the perfect matches for a semester abroad in a couple of seconds!
The result will feature the perfect destinations, our partner universities, semester dates, application deadlines, and more.
We maintain a lively and helpful community, so for added assistance, you may ask our former students about their refreshing experiences.
- To start your application with Asia Exchange, pick your preferred destination, university, and program. To save time, take our Destination Quiz.
It’s a perfect idea to confirm your plan to study abroad with the university, college, or other higher education institution where you are presently enrolled.
Then, create a study plan that you may submit to your institution after looking at the university’s course offerings on our website. By doing this, you’ll be able to determine whether the study credits you acquire overseas can be applied to your domestic degree.
After carefully reading the instructions, fill out the application form. Indicate whether you prefer to study for one or two semesters. If available, you may also complete a full degree.
Furthermore, you may combine two of your chosen destinations or universities. It is also feasible to enroll for a second semester after.
- Our processing time for your application takes one working days. You will receive an email confirming your study abroad placement with further instructions.
Once you receive an initial acceptance letter, we will send an invoice for the application fee, payable within ten days.
- After receiving the confirmation email and initial acceptance letter, you may begin to prepare for your life-changing semester abroad.
Below are valuable guides to help you:
- Student checklist
- How to find accommodation when studying abroad
- Booking flights
- Getting a travel insurance
- Getting vaccinations
- About two and a half months before the start of the semester, you will receive the tuition fee invoice.
You will also receive the official acceptance letter from your chosen university a month before your study abroad starts.
Present your official acceptance letter to apply for the student visa. Depending on the destination, it may take a few days or weeks.
- You’re ready to go once you have your student visa in hand!
Pack your bags, throw a farewell party, and be ready for the most fantastic adventure of your life!
We highly recommend that you arrive in time for orientation, where you will learn how to navigate your host university’s daily academic life and meet new friends worldwide.
- Start searching online for the best partner for your semester abroad Browse the destinations, universities, and available programs that fit your educational goals.
Additionally, you may book a free counseling session for further questions.
- Check the requirements and make sure you can complete your major with the credits from your semester abroad program.
Although the class name is the same, the credits may not automatically transfer to your home university.
- An important thing to consider is the cost of studying abroad. Even though it is enriching, you must consider your budget.
Aside from tuition fees, you must allot money for airfare, food, housing, leisure expenses, and emergency needs.
Yes! Most undergraduate and graduate students enroll in a semester abroad to have the chance to visit and explore countries. There, they can engage in the culture, meet new friends, and develop themselves fully.
Having one or two years of semesters abroad is equally beneficial for your personal development. Below are the reasons why:
- Enrolling for an extended period is more valuable as you only have to pay for airfare, student visas, and other required fees once.
- Research states that international learners adjust after eight to ten weeks in the country. Enrolling in a more extended semester can fully immerse you in your new home, making it a fun and memorable experience.
- You have more time to explore exciting places and meet lifelong friends. Bonding with the locals will also expand your perspectives on different ideas.
Yes! To enroll in a semester abroad, you must complete 12 years of education and graduate from high school.
Benefits of a semester abroad during fall
- Choosing to study during spring means having a shorter time to plan during winter break. On the other hand, you will have a longer preparation time during summer for your coming semester abroad.
- Have you been delaying your dreams of a semester abroad? If your senior year is your final opportunity, the fall semester is generally the perfect time.
Aside from having enough time before graduation for your transcripts to arrive, you can return to school to graduate with your peers.
- If you are on a budget, choose to study during fall, as it is shorter than spring. This choice helps you save on other expenses like housing, food allowance, etc.
- Typically, spring is thought of as the ideal weather where dreamy events happen. But in reality, there are many things you will enjoy during fall, such as Asian mid-autumn moon festivals in Asia or the enchanting Christmas markets in Europe.
Benefits of a semester abroad during spring
- If you plan a semester abroad in countries with four seasons, you can experience the pleasant transition from cold winter to summer.
- You have more time to travel and explore your new home during spring. Also, some of the most significant social events happen during this season.
- Additionally, studying during spring lets you maximize cultural immersion by giving you additional time. That means more time to explore your favorite local spots, hang out with local friends, study the language, and enjoy life abroad.
Studying abroad can cost $10,000+ per semester. Flights, lodging, and other expenses are not included.
To know the cost of your preferred Asian and European universities, visit our Tuition Fees page.
Yes, you can travel to nearby regions and countries during your semester abroad. Just make sure you have complete requirements before visiting.
Yes, but you may find it more convenient to schedule your semester abroad at the start of the autumn if your home institution uses the trimester system.
A spring start date is ideal if you want a semester abroad for two semesters.
A semester abroad usually lasts for five to six months.
Ideally, you should apply three to seven months before departure for a semester abroad.
Visit our Budgeting page and learn the various expenses for your study abroad. Then, download the budgeting spreadsheet for your total cost.
Here are valuable tips that will certainly help you manage finances during your semester abroad:
- Apply for a scholarship
- Set a monthly budget
- Choose a homestay accommodation
- Use student discounts
- Bond with the locals to know affordable alternatives in the area
- Have an emergency fund
Regularly check our blog section for valuable recommendations, updates, student stories, and more that will make your semester abroad meaningful and enjoyable!
Once you have completed all the requirements and booked your flight, it’s time to pack what to bring along in your life-changing adventure.
- Passport, required visas, and clear photocopies of both
- Prescription medications
- Travel-size toiletries that can last for two to four weeks
- Local currency
- Converters and power adapters for mobile devices
- Hand sanitizer and face masks
Clothes that are appropriate in the country of your semester abroad
- Pack a variety of tops, light jackets, and bottoms depending on the weather in your new home country
- Clothing with patterns can quickly reveal as repeat items. It is advisable to pack simpler and solid color apparel so you can wear them often without drawing attention
- Always practice modesty and consider the culture of your new home
- Pack more underwear than you think you’ll need, but if your dorm or hostel has a washer and dryer, that will make a big difference in how much space these essentials take up in your suitcase.
Footwear to bring during your semester abroad
- Flip flops
- Comfortable pair of walking shoes
- Formal shoes for special occasions
Travel insurance for your semester abroad is vital for minor challenges or alarming situations. It generally protects you from travel cancellations or delays, lost or stolen luggage, sickness or accidents, property damage, natural calamities in your host country, and more.
We recommend you get insured under Stay Travel Insurance of HanseMerkur. It has no maximum coverage. Also, if you love participating in sports, all types are covered.
Additionally, it covers the following:
- Out and in-patient hospital treatment
- Dental, operations, dental and physiotherapy procedures
- Transport to the hospital and return to your home country
Every country has different guidelines for residency. Therefore, before applying for a student visa, we recommend asking the embassy about residency limits.
Additionally, include the start and end date of your semester abroad and the possible reasons for extending your stay.