VIETNAM – Visa
How student apply for the visa
Option 1: Through Foreign Trade University (FTU)
Once we send the complete list of students to FTU and all the students’ documents, they will start processing the student visa.
Step 1: FTU-HCMC Campus fills in the information at https://xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/
Step 2: FTU-HCMC Campus sends a hard copy of letter to the Immigration Department, including:
- The hard copy of official correspondence of FTU-HCMC Campus to Immigration Department
- Official acceptance decisions of Foreign Trade University for foreign students
Step 3: After 15 days, the Immigration Department sends acceptance letters with visa codes to FTU-HCMC Campus
Step 4: FTU-HCMC Campus sends the visa codes to students.
Step 5: Students print the visa code accompanied by their passports to submit to the Airport Customs
Step 6: Students pay visa fees to the authorities at the airport and get their visas at Tan Son Nhat airport.
- Processing time: 25 to 30 business days, can still change depending on the situation
- Stamping visa fee: 25 USD for a single entry visa and 50 USD for a multiple entry visa (students will pay this at the Vietnam airport)
Option 2: Through the Vietnam Embassy nearest you
NOTE: The information below is from Vietnam Embassy in Finland so that other information may differ
Step 1: You need to apply for an approval note.
**Approval note is a document stating the duration of your stay in Vietnam. It will allow you to enter and exit in Vietnam within the dates in the approval note. It is a letter approved, signed, and red sealed by the Vietnam Immigration Department (Vietnam Government).
How can you obtain this document?
- We will request it from FTU on behalf of the student
- Apply through legitimate websites e.g., https://vietnamvisaon.com/en/apply-visa
Step 2: Submit the required documents to the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate near you
- Approval Note
- Visa Application Form
- Valid Passport (validity is at least 6 months or longer until the end of your study abroad semester)
- Recent 2 passport-sized photos (4 cm x 6 cm)
Processing time: 5 working days, this can still change depending on where you will apply for the visa