Taiwan – Visa

Please note that the visa application process and the list of the required documents may change at any time.

Make sure to get the latest information on the visa regulations directly from your nearest Taipei Representative Office. Getting a visa to a foreign country should never be taken for granted and cannot be guaranteed by Asia Exchange in any way. Please also refer to our terms and conditions.

Student Visa for Taiwan

All exchange students, whose total length of stay in Taiwan exceeds 90 days but not 180 days, must apply for a Visitor Visa at a Taipei Representative Office. The required visa application documents and application and payment methods may vary between different countries, so make sure to get the latest instructions from your nearest office location.

Students whose stay in Taiwan exceeds 180 days must apply for a Resident Visa at a Taipei Representative Office. Resident Visa holders must apply for the Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) and Re-entry Permit at the National Immigration Agency in Taipei within 15 days from the next day of their arrival. Students may stay in Taiwan as long as the Alien Resident Certificate remains valid.

Resident Visa applicants must also undergo a medical exam before applying for the visa and have this Health Certificate form filled out by the examining doctor.

The Health Certificate must first be legalized at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the applicant’s home country before submitting it to the Taipei Representative Office with other visa application documents.

A police certificate (Non-Criminal Record) may be requested from certain applicants upon reviewing an application for a resident visa.

You can start the visa application process after receiving the official acceptance letter from Shih Chien University. You will receive more information on the visa process after the application period for your semester has ended.

More visa-related information is also found on Taiwan’s Bureau of Consular Affairs website.

Read More : Taiwan Study Abroad Program

Spend a semester abroad in Taipei!

Study abroad at Shih Chien University

Learn more


Read more about the student experiences from Shanghai

Read more…


Read more about how to apply to our Partner Universities

Read more…